Game Thread: 5/22/06 White Sox vs. A's

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ May 23, 2006 -> 12:46 AM)
Uribe = absolutely worthless at the plate. May as well have him bunting anytime the situation calls for it.

If we're not going to play Cintron when Uribe's in one of his typical slumps, I'm not sure why we got him.

What happened on the bases?

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ May 23, 2006 -> 12:47 AM)
Just not playing good baseball the past week.

It was bound to happen once we didn't have 6 or 7 guys swinging the bats well in our lineup. Our overal starting pitching (unable to maintain leads) and relief has been disappointing all season.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 22, 2006 -> 07:48 PM)
If we're not going to play Cintron when Uribe's in one of his typical slumps, I'm not sure why we got him.

Widger on second. Anderson grounds out to short, Widger runs, gets thrown out.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 22, 2006 -> 05:48 PM)

Widger ran on a ground ball to short, wound up in a run down.

Guest JimH

What is Widger thinking there, groundball right in front of him to Crosby and he pegs him out at 3B (rundown actually). Anderson couldn't hit the ball the other way either.

Bad fundamentals the last two games.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 22, 2006 -> 06:48 PM)

Agree on Cintron. At this point you can afford to have one guy in the lineup who can't hit but plays great defense. Until Uribe or Anderson starts hitting, Oz shoulc try and get either Cintron or Mack into the lineup.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 22, 2006 -> 06:49 PM)
It was bound to happen once we didn't have 6 or 7 guys swinging the bats well in our lineup. Our overal starting pitching (unable to maintain leads) and relief has been disappointing all season.

We have the second best starters ERA in the league. They have gotten the job done. I wouldn't call them dissapointing at all. I mean, we still have the second best record in baseball. The offense has been good, the starters good (cept Garland), and the bullpen very mediocre to bad. I'll take the record, especailly considering the way we have played the last 2 weeks.

QUOTE(illinilaw08 @ May 23, 2006 -> 12:50 AM)
Agree on Cintron. At this point you can afford to have one guy in the lineup who can't hit but plays great defense.

With Crede slumping, we know have 3 of those guys in our lineup.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 22, 2006 -> 05:47 PM)
Bad news bears.

I was thinking the same thing....... This team is not executing the fundamentals quite like they did last year. Hopefully they get there s*** together soon, because we got a VERY tough month ahead...

QUOTE(illinilaw08 @ May 22, 2006 -> 08:50 PM)
Agree on Cintron. At this point you can afford to have one guy in the lineup who can't hit but plays great defense. Until Uribe or Anderson starts hitting, Oz shoulc try and get either Cintron or Mack into the lineup.

I'd rather go with Cintron and Anderson at this point.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 23, 2006 -> 12:52 AM)
Now Garland is starting to work inside. I can't figure out why he doesn't do that off the get go.

Last year, he dominated by throwing inside to righties to get ahead in the count, and his K pitch was trying to dot the outside corner. A pitch that he never throws to lefties anymore is his tight slider. Early in the year last season, he was dominating lefties with that pitch.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 22, 2006 -> 05:55 PM)
He's officially an enemy after the 1st at-bat, I guess.

That's exactly what my thoughts were. 1 at bat of full cheers for all of his accomplishments here. Now he's an A, and we're down 2-0.