Game Thread: 5/22/06 White Sox vs. A's

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ May 23, 2006 -> 01:01 AM)
Good point, lol.

Garland getting booed now. 3-0 A's.

Thankfully, we signed him to a 3 year deal!! There's not a f***ing doubt in my mind that McCarthy would have a better season as a starter than Garland this year.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ May 23, 2006 -> 01:03 AM)
I can now see why Garland was so quick to jump on the Sox contract offer even though he only had one more year until free agency.

That money sure would have looked nice going towards a Buehrle extension, and trading Garland for some stud prospects/relievers.

I'm not bailing on Garland totally yet, but if he has a 6+ era a month from now, it will be time to consider moving him to the pen and putting Mac into the rotation.

Yes, I'm serious.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 22, 2006 -> 08:04 PM)
I'm not bailing on Garland totally yet, but if he has a 6+ era a month from now, it will be time to consider moving him to the pen and putting Mac into the rotation.

Yes, I'm serious.

If his ERA is at that come that time of the year, trade bait and hope he waves his no trade claus.

Guest JimH

They'll try to get Garland through at least 2 more innings so they don't burn the pen in the first game of this series. Assuming he doesn't let up any more runs.

Yes, I'm serious.

Agreed. Pretty sad. Well, I guess the A's had sinkerballer Saarloos in their bullpen.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 23, 2006 -> 01:05 AM)
They'll try to get Garland through at least 2 more innings so they don't burn the pen in the first game of this series. Assuming he doesn't let up any more runs.

There's no reason to not keep him in this game. 3 runs, against Zito, is pretty tough to overcome for our hitters. It's not like Montero would come in and hold them scoreless for 4 innings.