Game Thread: 5/22/06 White Sox vs. A's

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep....I'm sure a troll. He pitched very well against the Indians. I'm more concerned that he's blown some big leads against the Blue Jays and Twins. I actually do like Vazquez....I'm just concerned, like jabroni said, that we gave up a future star in CF, and kept the guy with a low ceiling.

Like I said, the trade made sense to make. I like Vazquez. I just hope that Anderson isn't a bust and that Chris Young turns into some stud center fielder.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ May 22, 2006 -> 06:38 PM)
Like I said, the trade made sense to make. I like Vazquez. I just hope that Anderson isn't a bust and that Chris Young turns into some stud center fielder.

After watching Vazquez pitch for the Yankees 2 years ago, I think it's more likely that Anderson will eventually figure out how to hit big league pitching and Vazquez will wind up being incredibly frustrating for several years rather than the reverse.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ May 23, 2006 -> 01:38 AM)

And the trade made a lot of sense to me....until we re-signed both Garland and Contreras. Trust me, I'm very encouraged with Vazquez this year, especially his HR/9 innings. However, he's notorious for his blow-ups, and we've seen that twice already.