Game Thread: 5/22/06 White Sox vs. A's

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 22, 2006 -> 09:17 PM)
Its a risk Keith, but go down tonight, and try to buy tickets at like 6:20, 6:30. I think you should be able to grab some from the box office....

On the White Sox ticket exchange, there's a good pair I'm looking at -- pricey, but worth it. If not, I'll just do that.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 22, 2006 -> 04:13 PM)
Is tonight officially sold out? I can't seem to find a ticket... Anybody wanna help me out?

The Score announced it was sold out.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 22, 2006 -> 01:01 PM)
Today should be a very interesting game for several reasons. I'm very interested to see how Frank is received, if the poll I set up is any indication, he should get a nice ovation.

I don't think the people that are voting in the poll, or on a white sox messageboard for that matter are going to be the ones that will be booing. He regrets his time with us, so why should we be thankful for that time

Oakland Athletics
Jason Kendall C .259
Nick Swisher LF .287
Mark Kotsay CF .286
Eric Chavez 3B .281
Frank Thomas DH .178
Bobby Crosby SS .236
Jay Payton RF .259
Dan Johnson 1B .191
Marco Scutaro 2B .153
  Barry Zito P (3-3 3.27)

Chicago White Sox
Pablo Ozuna LF .432
Tadahito Iguchi 2B .308
Jim Thome DH .288
Paul Konerko 1B .317
Jermaine Dye RF .297
Joe Crede 3B .291
Chris Widger C .265
Juan Uribe SS .195
Brian N. Anderson CF .170
  Jon Garland P (3-2 6.18)

Umpires: HP: Doug Eddings 1B: Paul Schrieber 2B: Jim Joyce 3B: Greg Gibson

Check out the umps.

QUOTE(TLAK @ May 22, 2006 -> 11:27 PM)
Umpires: HP: Doug Eddings 1B: Paul Schrieber 2B: Jim Joyce 3B: Greg Gibson

[/code]

Check out the umps.

A great sign for any Frank haters would be "The home plate umpire helped us win a World Series more than Frank Thomas".

QUOTE(fathom @ May 22, 2006 -> 06:31 PM)
A great sign for any Frank haters would be "The home plate umpire helped us win a World Series more than Frank Thomas".

Cold

singleton interviewing frank on the radio - Frank saying all the right things.

Yep, I saw an interview of Frank on ABC 7 news. I think he realizes that he still has fans here and that the Sox are going to do something for him during the game.

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ May 22, 2006 -> 04:53 PM)
I don't think the people that are voting in the poll, or on a white sox messageboard for that matter are going to be the ones that will be booing. He regrets his time with us, so why should we be thankful for that time

I love how people just make s*** up like this, he never said anything even remotely close to that. Just because he doesn't get along with the GM and has said a few dumb things does not mean he hates the fans or regrets that he ever even played for the Sox.

I love how people just make s*** up like this, he never said anything even remotely close to that. Just because he doesn't get along with the GM and has said a few dumb things does not mean he hates the fans or regrets that he ever even played for the Sox.

And the funny thing is that the truth is probably the exact opposite. The reason Frank went off on the Sox is probably because he never wanted to leave in the first place.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ May 22, 2006 -> 06:55 PM)
And the funny thing is that the truth is probably the exact opposite. The reason Frank went off on the Sox is probably because he never wanted to leave in the first place.

That is exactly right. It's just so ironic that people hate him because he didn't want to leave when so many players get the "asshole" title for leaving a team.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ May 22, 2006 -> 06:55 PM)

word