Game Thread: 5/22/06 White Sox vs. A's

Our team better come around and win the next two games.

Need to avoid losses while Detroit is fattening up against Kansas City.

Buehrle needs to step up and pitch tomorrow against Oakland. I don't care if they've hit him well in the past, he has to work around it.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 22, 2006 -> 09:15 PM)
Our team better come around and win the next two games.

We can't afford any more losses while Detroit is fattening up against Kansas City.

Buehrle needs to step up and pitch tomorrow against Oakland. I don't care if they've hit him well in the past, he has to work around it.

If Mark ptiches tomorrow we have problems.

Easy Heat K's Frank.

QUOTE(Sox It To Em @ May 22, 2006 -> 08:14 PM)
This year we are having last year's August in May. Hopefully, in this year's August we will have last year's May.

It's not nearly as bad as it was in August so far. Let's hope it doesn't end up like that though.

I know one thing. THornton will never be an effective major league pitcher.

Guest JimH

They are flat, they looked good the first two games against the Cubs but their intensity looks inconsistent to me. Looked like they were flat going into Minny and then they turned it on. Definitely flat vs. Tampa.

When you are inconsistent in terms of intensity you have two choices, let these guys play thru it or give some of them a day off or two to clear their heads. The manager and coaching staff have to make those decisions based on the make up of the individual, it's not as simple as just looking at stats. I would get Cintron in there for these last two Oakland games and let him play twice in a row. He needs to get it going too.

Guest JimH
I know one thing. THornton will never be an effective major league pitcher.

Maybe I'm missing an inside joke? He has looked pretty good to me.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 22, 2006 -> 08:17 PM)
They are flat, they looked good the first two games against the Cubs but their intensity looks inconsistent to me. Looked like they were flat going into Minny and then they turned it on. Definitely flat vs. Tampa.

When you are inconsistent in terms of intensity you have two choices, let these guys play thru it or give some of them a day off or two to clear their heads. The manager and coaching staff have to make those decisions based on the make up of the individual, it's not as simple as just looking at stats. I would get Cintron in there for these last two Oakland games and let him play twice in a row. He needs to get it going too.

Considering how poor we have been playing we were lucky to get a crappy Minny team and get 2 from them, then get a crappy cubs team and get 2 from them. It could have been much worse the last two weeks. Hopefully we turn it around soon though, cause we just aren't playing well at all, even in some of the wins.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 22, 2006 -> 08:18 PM)
Maybe I'm missing an inside joke? He has looked pretty good to me.

Just one of many ridiculous things said before on this board.

Edited by jphat007

I'm really getting tired of the lack of production from our 8 and 9 hitters (Uribe and BA). It's like playing a little league game where you know the end of the lineup is an automatic two outs, because you only fielded 7 guys for the game that day.. very depressing. If I were Crede, I'd be pissed because my chances of scoring when I get on are highly diminished. :(

I know they can both turn it on, but when is it going to happen, and when is enough waiting time for it to happen?

Guest JimH

Ok, yes, I figured it was a joke, you are one of the more level headed posters here so I was kinda baffled by the remark.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ May 22, 2006 -> 07:12 PM)
We just aren't playing well right now. Not getting the big hit, not making the big defensive play, not making the big pitch. Just not playing well. Been that way for about 2 weeks.

I wouldn't say were playing Bad, but we do need to start executing better offensively and defensively. It seems like defensively weve been a little lackadasical, and offensively everyone's trying to swing for the fences. Not good........We should have taken atleast2 of 3 from Tampa, and we should have DEFINITELY swept the Cruds. That being said,we still have the 2nd best record in baseball, unfortunately Detroit has THE best.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ May 22, 2006 -> 10:19 PM)

How was it ridiculous to say that a pitcher who was absolutely horrible for the Mariners wouldn't be a good major leaguer? Do you have some crystal ball that tells you everyone that's going to be good in the future?

Please, stop looking at things in the past and analyzing them like they were said today.