Game Thread: 5/22/06 White Sox vs. A's

How was it ridiculous to say that a pitcher who was absolutely horrible for the Mariners wouldn't be a good major leaguer? Do you have some crystal ball that tells you everyone that's going to be good in the future?

Please, stop looking at things in the past and analyzing them like they were said today.

It's not hard to look like Nostradamus when you think every Sox player is a Hall of Famer like Hawk.

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JimH
How was it ridiculous to say that a pitcher who was absolutely horrible for the Mariners wouldn't be a good major leaguer? Do you have some crystal ball that tells you everyone that's going to be good in the future?

Please, stop looking at things in the past and analyzing them like they were said today.

Well I won't answer for the guy but one thing I knew about Thornton, from watching him pitch a lot in spring tranings, was he had a great arm.

There was obviously something amiss with him mechanically, because when he kept his mechanics straight he was dynamite. Problem was it was rarely for more than 2 batters in a row.

I was very happy with that trade and was willing to give it a chance because I knew Thornton's arm and I think way too many people here just looked at the stats and posted that this guy was useless.

Plus I was not enamored with Borchard, so to me it was a no brainer. Although I admit it helped my judgement that I'd seen Thornton pitch more than once or twice. And I trusted the White Sox scouts had seen him even more than me.

QUOTE(Felix @ May 22, 2006 -> 08:21 PM)

Many people said that there was a good chance that he could be effective. Many said it was a very good trade. I've said all of these things before. That's not hindsight.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 22, 2006 -> 10:24 PM)
Ok, you took one shot at him, why copy and paste and do it again?

The site has a GREAT ignore feature, use it.

^^^

Please do. Or you could stay in the chat like you do when we're winning, and seem unable to do when we're losing.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ May 22, 2006 -> 10:25 PM)
Many people said that there was a good chance that he could be effective. Many said it was a very good trade. I've said all of these things before. That's not hindsight.

Yea, that was said, but it was also said that he has never had any success at the professional level, so why would he now? Thats perfectly reasonable to say, yet now, after he's already pitched for 2 months in the season, you refer to it as "just one of many ridiculous things said before on this board."