Game Thread: 5/22/06 White Sox vs. A's

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 22, 2006 -> 06:28 PM)
No, Jon is brutal. I have been behind Jon all season up to this, but enough is enough....

Oakland owns all of them. DOesn't matter who is out there. Garland gave us our only two wins against them in 9 tries last year.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 22, 2006 -> 07:29 PM)
I like this by Ozzie a lot. A lot.

agreed.

btw, i think frank gets booed next at bat! he got his classy reception, now its payback for putting one on the board.

Oakland owns all of them. DOesn't matter who is out there. Garland gave us our only two wins against them in 9 tries last year.

Last year means nothing right now. Garland is throwing meatballs and has been all season.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ May 23, 2006 -> 12:29 AM)

That was the Garland of last season. The sooner people start judging him on how he's doing this year, the better the analysis of him will be (same goes for the rest of the pitchers, especially the relievers). A long season, with playoffs included, can have a lasting impact on a pitcher's arms.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ May 22, 2006 -> 05:29 PM)
for a guy whose confidence is shaky, this ain't good.

Football in the groin!

Ozzie stuck with Jon there. The zone was f***ing horrid, about as bad as I've seen all season. Jon needs to get the ball in, but aside from that he's looking fine tonight and I don't expect a lot of runs given up by him.

Problem is we need to score off Zito and just blew a golden opportunity ( couldn't get the 2 out hit).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 22, 2006 -> 08:26 PM)
Nice HR by Frank, but you can thank the ump for making Jon throw a get me over. Good god that was a s***ty job of calling strikes.

By the way, great reception for Frank.

Extremely pleased with the way the crowd receieved Frank tonight.