NBA Draft Lottery Thread

Alrighty so the NBA Draft Lottery will be held tomorrow night, I believe during halftime of the Heat/Pistons Game 1 Matchup. Actually it might be before the game too, but either way it is during that game tomorrow night. Hopefully the ping pong balls are friendly to the Knicks (Bulls) and the Bulls get a big time player with that pick. Just NO ADAM MORRISON PLEASE!!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's pretty cool. I'd LOVE to see the Bulls get Roy, but I doubt it happens. Bargnari wouldn't be a popular pick since he's a Euro, but he could be REALLY REALLY good, but he's not an immediate impact player. I am worried that Thomas might be Stromile Swift 2.0, but I'll take anybody over Morrison.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ May 22, 2006 -> 02:12 PM)
Can we get the pick next year instead??? Aldridge has very good post moves, will make a ver good 4.

We have the ability to trade picks with the Knicks (our 1st rounder for theirs next year). So if next year they have the #1 pick, we will deal our pick (for s***s and giggles lets say 30th overall) for the #1 pick.

Knicks pick 30 We pick #1 - This is because of the Curry deal.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 22, 2006 -> 04:27 PM)
We have the ability to trade picks with the Knicks (our 1st rounder for theirs next year). So if next year they have the #1 pick, we will deal our pick (for s***s and giggles lets say 30th overall) for the #1 pick.

Knicks pick 30 We pick #1 - This is because of the Curry deal.

is this on top of their pick this year, or is it one or the other

QUOTE(danman31 @ May 22, 2006 -> 04:55 PM)
Yeah, but next year's is protected top 3 or top 5 or something like that.

Actually I think the only stipulation is if it's 25th-30th it goes to Utah. And we wouldn't want to switch with them if they were that high anyway.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ May 22, 2006 -> 02:36 PM)
is this on top of their pick this year, or is it one or the other

On top of this year.

QUOTE(danman31 @ May 22, 2006 -> 02:55 PM)
Yeah, but next year's is protected top 3 or top 5 or something like that.

I hadn't heard of any top 3 or 5 protection, but I could be wrong.

In addition, New York conveys to Chicago, New York’s 2006 regular first round draft choice on condition that the pick does not actually go to Utah (due to not being number 26-30) and also on condition that New York receives San Antonio’s 2006 regular first round selection (due to being number 11-30). If New York’s 2006 first round does go to Utah (due to being number 26-30), and New York does receive San Antonio’s 2006 first round pick (due to being number 11-30), New York conveys to Chicago that San Antonio first round selection.

In addition, New York also conveys to Chicago the right to switch first round draft picks with New York in 2007 provided that New York’s first round selection does not go to Utah (is not number 25-30).

In addition, New York conveys to Chicago, New York’s 2006 regular first round draft choice on condition that the pick does not actually go to Utah (due to not being number 26-30) and also on condition that New York receives San Antonio’s 2006 regular first round selection (due to being number 11-30). If New York’s 2006 first round does go to Utah (due to being number 26-30), and New York does receive San Antonio’s 2006 first round pick (due to being number 11-30), New York conveys to Chicago that San Antonio first round selection.

In addition, New York also conveys to Chicago the right to switch first round draft picks with New York in 2007 provided that New York’s first round selection does not go to Utah (is not number 25-30).

That is just flat out confusing....

The Bulls get the Knicks pick next year if the Knicks finish with a better pick than the Bulls, unless the Knicks pick is 25 to 30 and is better than the Bulls. So the only way the Bulls don't switch picks with the Knicks is if the Bulls and Knicks are both 2 of the best 5 teams it the league, which NO WAY IN HELL happens.

I love Aldridge even though Tyrus Thomas is a friggin S-T-U-D. God I hope when I get home tomorrow from work that I get to hear/watch the results. BTW, I would not be mad at the Bulls taking Thomas or Aldridge or even Roy.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ May 23, 2006 -> 12:32 AM)
I love Aldridge even though Tyrus Thomas is a friggin S-T-U-D. God I hope when I get home tomorrow from work that I get to hear/watch the results. BTW, I would not be mad at the Bulls taking Thomas or Aldridge or even Roy.

No Thomas. Love the other two though.

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ May 22, 2006 -> 08:35 PM)
That is just flat out confusing....

I think the reason Isiah Thomas is making all these deals is to just try to get the people he's trading with so dizzy that they'll make mistakes. The only problem...Isiah gets dizzy very very easily.