Poetic justice...

Steff

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12876396/

The letter

A man wrote a letter hoping for forgiveness. Instead, he ended up giving his accuser a second chance to find justice

CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA. - Liz Seccuro has struggled hard to heal. 21 years ago, she says a stranger suddenly and violently attacked her. And now, just as suddenly, he’s back. This fall, a letter arrived at her home out of the blue. In October 1984, "I harmed you”, it read. “I stand prepared...to begin to set right the wrong I’ve done.”

The details are at the link above, but the quick version of it is that this happeded at college back in the 80's when colleges use to sweep that kinda stuff under the rug so he gets away with it. After 20 years he writes her a letter telling her that he is sorry for the pain he casued her and that he spent most of the time after the incident as a raging alcoholic and recently came to recovery and while working the steps decided to "come clean". he writes her a letter, she responds and then several emails are exchanged between the two. He avoids using the word "rape", but finally does say it in a letter. Then she takes the letter to a police officer who tells her that there is no statute of limitation on any felony charge in the Common Wealth of Virgina. He gets arrested and charged by the grad jury. will go to trial sometime next year, he could get up to 25yrs.

QUOTE(Steff @ May 22, 2006 -> 01:55 PM)
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12876396/

The letter

A man wrote a letter hoping for forgiveness. Instead, he ended up giving his accuser a second chance to find justice

CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA. - Liz Seccuro has struggled hard to heal. 21 years ago, she says a stranger suddenly and violently attacked her. And now, just as suddenly, he’s back. This fall, a letter arrived at her home out of the blue. In October 1984, "I harmed you”, it read. “I stand prepared...to begin to set right the wrong I’ve done.”

The details are at the link above, but the quick version of it is that this happeded at college back in the 80's when colleges use to sweep that kinda stuff under the rug so he gets away with it. After 20 years he writes her a letter telling her that he is sorry for the pain he casued her and that he spent most of the time after the incident as a raging alcoholic and recently came to recovery and while working the steps decided to "come clean". he writes her a letter, she responds and then several emails are exchanged between the two. He avoids using the word "rape", but finally does say it in a letter. Then she takes the letter to a police officer who tells her that there is no statute of limitation on any felony charge in the Common Wealth of Virgina. He gets arrested and charged by the grad jury. will go to trial sometime next year, he could get up to 25yrs.

This was on dateline or one of those shows last week. What a sad story. A few years after the attack, the moron rapist shows up at the victims dorm delivering a pizza and she answers the door.

I hope they nail his nuts to the door and he gets the max. What a piece of s*** this guy is.