ST On the Air: Sox Slug it Out With the Cubs...

Chisoxfn

Download The Show

In the 12th installment of Soxtalk on the Air, Jason and Mario recap the past weeks action. From AJ Pyrzinski and Michael Barret's fight, the Devil Rays taking two of three from the Sox, and whether fans should really give Frank Thomas a standing ovation.

Plus listen in for Jason Gage's interview with reality radio producer Mario Scalise.

Download The Show

Streaming Version of the Show

How to subscribe to Our Podcast (via itunes or another podcast player)

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 22, 2006 -> 03:23 PM)
I'm not going to get myself worked up about that topic, so I'm going to skip out on this week's episode.

Though it is more fuel for the "jason is crazy" movement. ;)

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 22, 2006 -> 02:19 PM)
Download The Show

In the 12th installment of Soxtalk on the Air, Jason and Mario recap the past weeks action. From AJ Pyrzinski and Michael Barret's fight, the Devil Rays taking two of three from the Sox, and whether fans should really give Frank Thomas a standing ovation.

Plus listen in for Jason Gage's interview with reality radio producer Mario Scalise.

Download The Show

Streaming Version of the Show

How to subscribe to Our Podcast (via itunes or another podcast player)

the guys that do that show sound like wieners

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 22, 2006 -> 01:44 PM)
Oh God, I've been mentioned. Does this mean I'm big time?

No, no it doesn't.

:lolhitting

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 22, 2006 -> 01:23 PM)
I'm not going to get myself worked up about that topic, so I'm going to skip out on this week's episode.

Unacceptable...haha. I do call Frank a hall of famer and the greatest White Sox player of all time. I just will never forget the fact that he said he would never have thrown out the first pitch had he known the Sox weren't going to bring him back.

Thats utterly classless in my mind and it was the classless event in a long line of classless events that put things over the top for me. It sucks cause for a long time Frank was my favorite ball player ever. When I was a wee lad me and my friends would always debate who was better and no matter how wrong I was, I'd always say Thomas was better than Griffey (cause the Big Hurt was the man in my book; of course I always though Hawk and Whimpy called him the Big Hertz - thats cause I thought he killed the baseball, not just hurt it).

QUOTE(Steff @ May 22, 2006 -> 01:25 PM)
Though it is more fuel for the "jason is crazy" movement. ;)

Some people's crazy is another persons "genius". People also thought I was crazy when I said the Tigers were the team to watch out for in the division :D

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 22, 2006 -> 01:33 PM)
Good job guys.

And Gage, I guess great minds think alike when it comes to Thomas.

:drink

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 22, 2006 -> 04:56 PM)
Unacceptable...haha. I do call Frank a hall of famer and the greatest White Sox player of all time. I just will never forget the fact that he said he would never have thrown out the first pitch had he known the Sox weren't going to bring him back.

Thats utterly classless in my mind and it was the classless event in a long line of classless events that put things over the top for me. It sucks cause for a long time Frank was my favorite ball player ever. When I was a wee lad me and my friends would always debate who was better and no matter how wrong I was, I'd always say Thomas was better than Griffey (cause the Big Hurt was the man in my book; of course I always though Hawk and Whimpy called him the Big Hertz - thats cause I thought he killed the baseball, not just hurt it).

Just as you are to west coast sports, Boz is to Buehrle, I'll always be that way with Frank. If that's a flaw, so be it.

I've been on this rant all season here, but Cheat and Sox Machine coined it perfectly, 'so what?' I'll never deny that Frank wasn't exactly a god with words; he was probably too honest at times. He never seems to take the poltically correct route but ends up being blunt/honest. That's definitely hurt his stature and opinion with fans.

Frank's the greatest player the franchise has ever seen, and I feel he's a huge reason the Sox have been a consistent contender year in and year out, the past decade and a half. Without Frank, there wouldn't have been much reason to build on anything.

Frank was just upset that he was not brought back to the only franchise he knew. I'm not suggesting he should be here, but I can't be mad at that.

I just feel that the Sox' greatest hitter, a future HOFer deserves a standing ovation from the one franchise that he earned all those accolades from.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 22, 2006 -> 02:07 PM)
Just as you are to west coast sports, Boz is to Buehrle, I'll always be that way with Frank. If that's a flaw, so be it.

I've been on this rant all season here, but Cheat and Sox Machine coined it perfectly, 'so what?' I'll never deny that Frank wasn't exactly a god with words; he was probably too honest at times. He never seems to take the poltically correct route but ends up being blunt/honest. That's definitely hurt his stature and opinion with fans.

Frank's the greatest player the franchise has ever seen, and I feel he's a huge reason the Sox have been a consistent contender year in and year out, the past decade and a half. Without Frank, there wouldn't have been much reason to build on anything.

Frank was just upset that he was not brought back to the only franchise he knew. I'm not suggesting he should be here, but I can't be mad at that.

I just feel that the Sox' greatest hitter, a future HOFer deserves a standing ovation from the one franchise that he earned all those accolades from.

I totally understand and to each his own. I am sure If I were at the game I'd do the same (despite saying I wouldn't, but peer pressure is a b****). I did give Frank a pretty good cheer when I was in Anaheim and the A's played the Angels.

And I hope he doesn't get booed...that I know. It would be a sad day in Chicago if that were to happen. And I'm glad a lot of fans will get teary eyed and really give him a great ovation (even though I'd have given just a few claps at the most).

I know whenever I see Rowand play next and I'm at the stadium (same goes for Carl and all the guys that were a part of the 05 team, I'll make sure to give them a damn good ovation).

Oh and next weeks show will be about the minor leagues a bit more so than the prior shows (special guest host to join us...maybe even two special guest hosts).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 22, 2006 -> 05:11 PM)
I totally understand and to each his own. I am sure If I were at the game I'd do the same (despite saying I wouldn't, but peer pressure is a b****). I did give Frank a pretty good cheer when I was in Anaheim and the A's played the Angels.

And I hope he doesn't get booed...that I know. It would be a sad day in Chicago if that were to happen. And I'm glad a lot of fans will get teary eyed and really give him a great ovation (even though I'd have given just a few claps at the most).

I know whenever I see Rowand play next and I'm at the stadium (same goes for Carl and all the guys that were a part of the 05 team, I'll make sure to give them a damn good ovation).

Oh and next weeks show will be about the minor leagues a bit more so than the prior shows (special guest host to join us...maybe even two special guest hosts).

I'll be back to listening and commenting on the show next week. :)

Though, I'm still saying a lot here for not even hearing this week. :lol:

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 22, 2006 -> 02:13 PM)
I'll be back to listening and commenting on the show next week. :)

Though, I'm still saying a lot here for not even hearing this week. :lol:

Mario gives me the silent treatment after my take (if it makes you feel any better). But Greasy, I will give you one update Mario made sure to bring up...the Rockies are back in 1st place. :headshake

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 22, 2006 -> 05:15 PM)
Mario gives me the silent treatment after my take (if it makes you feel any better). But Greasy, I will give you one update Mario made sure to bring up...the Rockies are back in 1st place. :headshake

Can't wait for that banner.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 22, 2006 -> 04:11 PM)
I totally understand and to each his own. I am sure If I were at the game I'd do the same (despite saying I wouldn't, but Steff pressure is a b****). I did give Frank a pretty good cheer when I was in Anaheim and the A's played the Angels.

;)

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 22, 2006 -> 04:16 PM)

It was really you the convinced me that Willie Harris >= MVP :notworthy

Pfftt... that was all you and Jim and I will never, ever forgive you for it. :angry:

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 22, 2006 -> 02:16 PM)

Can't wait for that banner.

I think the worse part is, if that does happen, only about 100 listeners will actually know why that is the banner.

QUOTE(Steff @ May 22, 2006 -> 02:17 PM)
Pfftt... that was all you and Jim and I will never, ever forgive you for it. :angry:

Willie bought into our hype and it negatively effected his career. :headshake

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ May 22, 2006 -> 04:23 PM)
i dig the sanford and son theme music.

Jason, two words about graduation: grad school. delay the anguish as long as you can

I know...I am sure within 2 or 3 years Ill be back in school going for the whole MBA thing. But for now I'm happy to convince myself these will be the last finals I take for a while (until that whole stupid CPA Exam).

I'm with you...the second Frank said the s*** about how he wouldn't have thrown out the first pitch of the ALDS...I lost all respect for him. It's ok to be pissed off at KW or the organization.....but whining like a b**** about something that pumped up the fans and your teammates is pathetic.