Pierzysnki on PTI

Flash Tizzle

Mariotti just said that AJ was mocking Zambrano's "religious beliefs" with his heart tap upward point after his homerun yesterday, and that makes him classless. I find it hilarious that AJ keeps saying he has never met Mariotti and that he has never been in the clubhouse since he has played in Chicago, because Mariotti has many opinions about AJ's attitude.

Hawk brought it up at Soxfest a few years ago that Mariotti is not welcome in the Sox clubhouse when he first went public with ripping that jag.

I don't doubt the fact that he's never been in there. No way he has the stones to even try to go in.

Just a quick question: You know how Sox fans hate Mariotti because of his completely biased view against the White Sox? Does this mean that Cubs fans like Mariotti? Do anyone know of any Cubs fans that defend the man's positions?

I'm just trying to figure out his "fan base".

QUOTE(rcpweiner @ May 22, 2006 -> 03:37 PM)
Just a quick question: You know how Sox fans hate Mariotti because of his completely biased view against the White Sox? Does this mean that Cubs fans like Mariotti? Do anyone know of any Cubs fans that defend the man's positions?

His fan base? You're annoyed as all hell with everything he writes, and you read it to get angrier at him. Every thread here is part of his fan base. You don't have to like a person to be part of his fan base.

QUOTE(rcpweiner @ May 22, 2006 -> 03:37 PM)

His job is to create a stir with his commentaries. Basically it creates controversy and gets people talking. I honestly think thats what he tries to do a lot of the time.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 22, 2006 -> 05:07 PM)
TK hates Mariotti like everyone else, he loves to see that jackass get ripped.

the Kornheiser/Marriotti rift is well publicized. Though I have no idea what it stems from, Kornheiser has taken shots at Marriotti a couple of times on PTI, and has commented to Wilbon that he will not speak to him. A few years ago, Marriotti filled in on one episode of PTI for TK (ironically)... At the end of the show, Marriotti offered an olive branch and that the two should patch up their differences.

To my knowledge, TK never acknowledged it. Kornheiser obviously knows Marriotti is full of s*** and has great dislike for him professionally. I kinda admire the fact that TK is in the media and he's willing to standup to another member of the media.

You always get the feel that TK is exactly what he is on TV.... He's never a phoney... Its one reason I've always really liked him as a sportscaster.

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ May 22, 2006 -> 03:41 PM)
You always get the feel that TK is exactly what he is on TV.... He's never a phoney... Its one reason I've always really liked him as a sportscaster.

Indeed. Bring on Monday Night Football!

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ May 22, 2006 -> 03:41 PM)

Kornheiser's awesome. I miss his radio show. :(

Here's what I heard on Tony's local show in DC: The TK/Mariotti fued started when Mariotti had his radio show. Mariotti used to take cheap shots at Tony almost to the point of accusing TK as being a local hack, which seemed alot like jealousy since Tony had the national show on ESPN.

It's a pretty bad move to tick off Kornheiser. Very few people can pick apart and ridicule a person better than TK. So, it was always entertaining to hear Kornhneiser call out Mariotti every once and awhile on his local show (after ESPN dumped him)

QUOTE(rcpweiner @ May 22, 2006 -> 05:37 PM)

One of my good friends is a huge Cubs fan and he always enjoyed reading mariotti's articles but i wouldn't call him a fan. However, after that article saying it was all pierzinski's fault, of course he believed it and loves him now...how ridiculous. moronotti never knows what the hell he's talking about, as long as it's exacty the opposite of what everyone wants to hear it gets attention.