Frank Thomas first AB

Steve9347

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ May 23, 2006 -> 10:27 AM)
Would "debating" have been a been a better word? Just seemed like a "who does Jerry like more" thing going on. Whatever.

I not arguing or debating, just throwing out what I know and what I think. I haven't found any of the responses to my posts arguing them or debating them either.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 23, 2006 -> 10:32 AM)
I not arguing or debating, just throwing out what I know and what I think. I haven't found any of the responses to my posts arguing them or debating them either.

^

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 23, 2006 -> 10:32 AM)

Okeedokee. My bad then. I will now pummel myself with a chair. :chair

QUOTE(Steff @ May 23, 2006 -> 08:04 AM)
KW can "pfffttt.. fat chance" all he wants. Kenny eats s*** if the choice is between him and Frank. Jerry will have Frank's back always.

Dick Allen won you over...? :huh: That says a lot.

:D What can I say...I was very young and impressionable. I highly doubt it ever comes down to a "choice" and hope that it doesn't come to the point where KW can't get past all this and says, "him or me..." if Frank wanted a position within the organization. I think that is the only way Frank wins out over Kenny...by KW walking.

So let me get this straight Steff....you think reason that KW got the job was he was a minority and there was an opening for a uppermanagement position? I think it may have helped a little...but there's no way in hell that JR hires a person for a GM on the basis of race. The man had to have shown he was very capable and looking back, he was the correct choice over Evans (much to the dismay of many).

I'm sure Frank "expects" a job in the orginization...why am I not surprised.

QUOTE(Wanne @ May 23, 2006 -> 12:07 PM)
:D What can I say...I was very young and impressionable. I highly doubt it ever comes down to a "choice" and hope that it doesn't come to the point where KW can't get past all this and says, "him or me..." if Frank wanted a position within the organization. I think that is the only way Frank wins out over Kenny...by KW walking.

So let me get this straight Steff....you think reason that KW got the job was he was a minority and there was an opening for a uppermanagement position? I think it may have helped a little...but there's no way in hell that JR hires a person for a GM on the basis of race. The man had to have shown he was very capable and looking back, he was the correct choice over Evans (much to the dismay of many).

Horray for continuing to put words in his mouth!

In my opinion frank does "expect" a job in the organization.

Not sure if I want him as a "coach" he didn't seem to be a great mentor to the young guys over the years, why now would he be a good coach?

Maybe Frank could work in PR or marketing and make house calls to season ticket holders...he probably needs to work off his debt to JR anyways...

All in all, I am glad he got cheered in the first, but now the past is the past lets move on and worry/cheer our current players...

Great to see an awesome come from behind sox win after the poor end of the game Sunday.

QUOTE(chiguy79 @ May 23, 2006 -> 06:01 PM)
Maybe Frank could work in PR or marketing and make house calls to season ticket holders...he probably needs to work off his debt to JR anyways...

Wasn't it an advance on his salary? :huh:

QUOTE(Wanne @ May 23, 2006 -> 07:29 AM)
Sorry...while I've always appreciated Frank's contributions to the White Sox...the guy just never "won me over" like players such as Dick Allen, Fisk, and even such as guys like AJ and Crede have right now. Not sure what it is...I don't want to come out and say it's his seemingly, "I'm a f***in selfish baby attitude"...because I don't even know him personally. All anybody really knows is what they've read of him in the newspapers and heard on tv...and I've interpreted much of it as being a selfish baby.

A few things in here I found amusing...but the biggest was:

I could actually here KW say, "Pffffffffffft...fat f***in chance..." all the way out here in Phoenix. I also like how Frank makes reference of himself growing up. BOUT f***IN TIME FRANK...you're only gonna be 38 sometime this year! So forgive me if I'm not all warm and fuzzy about Frank... thanks for your contributions to the Chicago White Sox Frank...but honestly I don't miss you in the least bit. If I was at the game...*golf claps* is the best you woulda got outta me.

QUOTE(Wanne @ May 23, 2006 -> 05:07 PM)

And again, it's impossible to have a Frank thread around here without some knucklehead trying to ruin it.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ May 23, 2006 -> 01:24 PM)
Wasn't it an advance on his salary? :huh:

And again, it's impossible to have a Frank thread around here without some knucklehead trying to ruin it.

Sorry to interupt the warm and fuzzy with an opinion.

Is this better...

05-frank-thomas-studio-sm.jpg :wub:

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ May 23, 2006 -> 02:08 PM)
Your opinion is tired. We've been over all of this s*** time and time again. Now you're just being an attention whore.

Uhhhhhhh....ok Dad. No need to be a complete dick about it. I've rarely posted on the subject...but whatever you say...you DA MAN!

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ May 23, 2006 -> 02:08 PM)
Your opinion is tired. We've been over all of this s*** time and time again. Now you're just being an attention whore.

And the all praise Frank opinions aren't played out? Meh, Big Frank is just a deadhorse for Sox fans as far as I am concerned.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 23, 2006 -> 02:24 PM)
And the all praise Frank opinions aren't played out? Meh, Big Frank is just a deadhorse for Sox fans as far as I am concerned.

Perhaps for YOU as a Sox fan. What is the problem...? You see a thread praising him, you don't have anything to add, so don't. EVERY thread about Frank ends up like this. :headshake

QUOTE(Wanne @ May 23, 2006 -> 02:20 PM)
Uhhhhhhh....ok Dad. No need to be a complete dick about it. I've rarely posted on the subject...but whatever you say...you DA MAN!

I don't think he's being a dick. There really is no way to say "hey... we get it, you don't like him, stfu". I do agree that it would be nice to have just one thread without the bulls***.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 23, 2006 -> 07:24 PM)

Yeah, but people are just trying to celebrate the return of a guy who wore a White Sox uniform from 1990-2005. That's New Kids On The Block to Nick Lachey? We've come a long way. :D

Basically, there is a time and a place for s***-talking, and this ain't it.

QUOTE(Steff @ May 23, 2006 -> 02:39 PM)
Perhaps for YOU as a Sox fan. What is the problem...? You see a thread praising him, you don't have anything to add, so don't. EVERY thread about Frank ends up like this. :headshake

I don't think he's being a dick. There really is no way to say "hey... we get it, you don't like him, stfu". I do agree that it would be nice to have just one thread without the bulls***.

Agreed! I understand there are a ton of people who still love and respect Frank...so I'll respect their opinions and keep mine to myself on these types of threads. :cheers