AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

greasywheels121

QUOTE(G&T @ May 22, 2006 -> 11:07 PM)
If Eddings could call a decent game, Thomas woulda been struck out.

I didn't know Eddings was the home plate umpire. The White Sox and their fans should never complain about him. 88 years of failure ended with his help last year.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ May 22, 2006 -> 11:11 PM)
Awesome game, just got back, dont know why they pulled zito but I was relieved when they did.

Sox win!

Zito was closing in on 120 pitches

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 22, 2006 -> 11:11 PM)
I didn't know Eddings was the home plate umpire. The White Sox and their fans should never complain about him. 88 years of failure ended with his help last year.

Yeah but that zone was still brutal. Not that it matters now.

So...wow...I don't know where to begin, I gave up & went to watch the Mavs...I thought at about 7:45 that both the Mavs and the Sox were done...and all of a sudden...by 8:15, both games turned. Yowza. Throw in the season finale of 24, and that's an entertaining evening.

JD

PK

Rob Mack whack tally whack

Uribe

Thornton

Jenks

Garland (yes, he gave up 4, but he turned it up at the end, and 4 runs through 6.1 is not great, but also not murder)

Frank (what the Hell)

AJ

Ozzie

Rock

And of course...PABLO!!

:cheers

Ok, you've proven it. You guys have BALLS.

I was sitting right by the right field foul pole and I knew some of those calls were s***, but I had no idea it was that bad. I guess I fell better knowing that Garland didn't pussy out and pretty much had to throw a meatball.

Other than that Franks return meant a lot to me when he gestured and the video of him was also really cool. Over all GREAT GREAT win I had some of the most of I have ever had at a game. MACK came through big and so did Ozuna like always.

Go get em tomorrow boys and lets put this Oakland BS behind us once and for all.

:gosox1: :gosox1: :headbang :headbang

I just got back from the game, what an experience. It worked out soo perfectly with Thomas getting a standing O, two HRs, come from behind win, Jenks shutting the door, Mack becoming a White Sox, and Pablo pulling the squeeze. Can't forget the Squirrel or Ozzie randomly being ejected either. I was on my feet from the 8th inning until the victory was sealed.

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ May 23, 2006 -> 12:21 AM)
I just got back from the game, what an experience. It worked out soo perfectly with Thomas getting a standing O, two HRs, come from behind win, Jenks shutting the door, Mack becoming a White Sox, and Pablo pulling the squeeze. Can't forget the Squirrel or Ozzie randomly being ejected either. I was on my feet from the 8th inning until the victory was sealed.

Lol yeah the squirrel was pretty funny. I was kinda cold out there up until the 8th. After that I was pretty warm. Once again great game.

Gotta agree with everyone. That game ended up being perfect. I cheered for Frank when he came up at 1st, then booed him mercilessly for that homer and the second one, ha. Froze my ass off, and stood the whole game right out on the concourse in right field. And I'm happy to say that I called the squeeze to my friends.

I'll tell you guys this much, while I am very optimistic on here I am comparable to fathom (no offense) at the game. I swear for some reason I had no faith in us winning. When Jenks got in the jam I thought for sure it was game over and then Street came in and I thought the same thing. Boy was I wrong and am I glad.

Edited by Whitewashed in '05

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ May 22, 2006 -> 10:37 PM)
I'll tell you guys this much, while I am very optimistic on here I am comparable to fathom (no offense) at the game. I swear for some reason I had no faith in us winning. When Jenks got in the jam I thought for sure it was game over and then Street came in and I thought the same thing. Boy was I wrong and am I glad.

I'm usually one of Fathom's counterparts in game threads, and even I gave up on this one.

As I said when Thorton was traded for. If this guy with the heavy fastball from the left side can be fixed by Coop, our pen will be pretty good at the end of games. If they are throwing strikes. Hitting Thorton 95+ from the left side, then facing Bobby with his 98+ with his hook is a hard thing to beat.

Wow, what a game! Outside of Zito shutting us down and another not-that-impressive outing from Garland, there isn't that much to complain about. Our guys rose to the challenge and got the job done. Freaking brilliant call on the bunt. Also nice to see Jenks overcome the defensive miscues in the 10th. The three straight hooks to Crosby were tremendous... Bobby's a bad-ass when he can locate that pitch.

And the standing O for Frank was as classy as could be. :notworthy

Edited by WCSox

QUOTE(WCSox @ May 23, 2006 -> 09:29 AM)
Wow, what a game! Outside of Zito shutting us down and another not-that-impressive outing from Garland, there isn't that much to complain about. Our guys rose to the challenge and got the job done. Freaking brilliant call on the bunt. Also nice to see Jenks overcome the defensive miscues in the 10th. The three straight hooks to Crosby were tremendous... Bobby's a bad-ass when he can locate that pitch.

And the standing O for Frank was as classy as could be. :notworthy

I was right behind the Sox dugout and right before the bunt, Macha was telling Swisher to watch for the bunt. You could see how Pablo was set up he wasn't going to be swinging. You're right, a truly positive game for the White Sox, except for another below par performance from Garland.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 23, 2006 -> 09:52 AM)
I was right behind the Sox dugout and right before the bunt, Macha was telling Swisher to watch for the bunt. You could see how Pablo was set up he wasn't going to be swinging. You're right, a truly positive game for the White Sox, except for another below par performance from Garland.

I wouldnt say giving up 4 runs is below par. He struggled a little today, but for a fifth starter, I would say thats a pretty decent outing, especially after getting sqeezed by the ump for the first 3 innings.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 23, 2006 -> 07:55 AM)
I wouldnt say giving up 4 runs is below par. He struggled a little today, but for a fifth starter, I would say thats a pretty decent outing, especially after getting sqeezed by the ump for the first 3 innings.

Four earned runs, ten hits, and two walks over 6 1/3 translates to a 6.32 ERA and a 1.89 WHIP. That's definitely below par. He did keep us in the game, though.

Agreed about Jon getting squeezed. Eddings was terrible. That letter-high "strike" that he called on the 3-2 count to Thome was ridiculous.