Agustin Montero sent down

Guest JimH

Guest JimH

Chisoxfn Edited This Part of the Post: Montero was send back to Charlotte following the game, Nelson appears to have been promoted to Chicago

It's on the main White Sox site, halfway down in the article about the Cora "biting" story.

Sounds like it will happen tomorrow.

http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/ar...t=.jsp&c_id=cws

Edited by Chisoxfn

Sounds good. He'll probably get some mop-up work at first so we could see how he fairs against ML hitters then they will gradually work me into a set-up/middle relief role. Thornton has impressed me a lot.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 22, 2006 -> 10:41 PM)
Sounds good. He'll probably get some mop-up work at first so we could see how he fairs against ML hitters then they will gradually work me into a set-up/middle relief role. Thornton has impressed me a lot.

He's been nothing short of flawless his last 5 outings or so. If he can consistently throw that slider for strikes -- we've got ourselves a stud.

"I know this, I've watched games, probably four to five games per day, including our game, and there still isn't a guy who has a better breaking ball in the league than Nelson has to get tough right-hand hitters out. He brings experience, as somebody that can go in the back part of the bullpen."

I can't wait to see if this is true.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 22, 2006 -> 09:28 PM)
:) great news hopefully his slider is able to fool righties as well as it has in the past. Welcome mister ROOGY.

Our team is considerably better now that Contreras replaced Logan and Nelson replaces Montero.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 22, 2006 -> 09:33 PM)
Agreed. I'm looking forward to seeing what Nelson can do.

It is going to be really interesting to see how Logan reacts to the minors. Will he dissapear never to be seen again or will he regain the rhythm he had in spring training and gain much needed experience that could turn him into a quality reliever later this season or a year from now?

I think we'll be able to find out pretty quickly (a month or so) whether he was just road a hot hand farther than pretty much anyone in major league history or if he actually created a career for himself when he changed his arm angle and he will actually continue to improve.