Thornton

Jimbo's Drinker

Since I don't really listen to terrestrial radio anymore, I did not hear this first hand, but I heard that Rothchild, the cubs pitching coach, was on Mike North, saying that nothing is wrong with Prior, and it sounds like Prior is just being over-cautious. Did anyone here this interview? What was said? And how was that for a run-on sentence?!?

It was a hilarious interview. North explicitly asked Rothschild what Prior's injury was and he responded with talking about Prior's two previous injuries (his collision with Marcus Giles and getting hit in the elbow by that linedrive). He said that those are hard things for a young pitcher to overcome. Rothschild never once said what Prior's current injury is/was. The Cubs are such a joke. They are masters of the injury coverup.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ May 23, 2006 -> 03:20 PM)
It was a hilarious interview. North explicitly asked Rothschild what Prior's injury was and he responded with talking about Prior's two previous injuries (his collision with Marcus Giles and getting hit in the elbow by that linedrive). He said that those are hard things for a young pitcher to overcome. Rothschild never once said what Prior's current injury is/was. The Cubs are such a joke. They are masters of the injury coverup.

So basically he's not injured...he's scared! Nice. What is the official diagnosis? Chicken-little-itis?

I also heard that Prior's father was not a fan of the Cubs organization and how they handle his prize son.

Edited by tonyho7476

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ May 23, 2006 -> 01:32 PM)
So basically he's not injured...he's scared! Nice. I also heard that Prior's father was not a fan of the Cubs organization and how they handle his prize son.

I bet he wishes he had just gone to the Yankees just as much as the Cubs wish they had traded him. Sounds like a match made in the bowels of Hades.

QUOTE(Wanne @ May 23, 2006 -> 08:24 PM)
How often do you think Hendry kicks himself in the ass for not jumping on Prior for Tejada when it was a possibility?

The Orioles wanted Zambrano in the deal. Every executive in baseball knows that Prior's injury issue isn't in his arm/shoulder/elbow....it's in his vagina.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 23, 2006 -> 02:36 PM)
The Orioles wanted Zambrano in the deal. Every executive in baseball knows that Prior's injury issue isn't in his arm/shoulder/elbow....it's in his vagina.

The Abreu rumors were for Prior straight up...