Grace Mocks Sosa

southsider2k5

PHOENIX -- Mark Grace brought his own corked bat to Arizona's game against the White Sox on Wednesday night.

Sammy Sosa's longtime teammate with the Cubs is having a lot of fun with the issue, and not showing much sympathy.

After batting practice Wednesday, Grace brought a bat back from the cage and proudly showed it to teammates and in the Arizona Diamondbacks' dugout.

Atop the bat was a roll of tape around a long cork. The tip of the cork stuck out like the top of a champagne bottle.

"Hey guys," Grace said. "This is my bat. I didn't know it was corked, I didn't know it was corked."

He placed it in the bat rack and walked into the clubhouse as Arizona prepared to play the White Sox.

Copyright © 2003, The Chicago Tribune

After D-backs won it all in 2001, I dreamt of the following Tribune front page:

a full-page photo taken at the post-game, champaigne-drenched celebration with Mark Grace show the camera his new precious WS ring...on his middle finger and some wiseass headline as his message to the Scrub organization.

Wouldn't that be absolutely priceless?

Sosa is supposed to be one big reason that Grace is no longer a cub.

Grace and Sosa had many run-ins in the clubhouse, and is the real reason when Grace's contract came up, he left for the d'backs.

now he can make fun of the dumbass all he wants and has a ring on his finger.

As opposed to Sammy "camera hugger" Sosa? :lolhitting

Two wrongs don't make a right.....

...but three lefts do!

And as for the "enemy of my enemy", not in this case!!

Grace not liking Sosa is like Hussein not liking bin Laden - they're both still pricks!!!

Im sure stuff like this is happening all around baseball. Yesterday I heard about some Sosa mocking during Dodger batting practice. Mike Kinkade broke his bat while hitting a grounder and players from both clubs rushed out to check his bat, they were very disappointed that there wasnt cork inside :lol:

That may say something about the amount of cheating going on. If they are laughing about it I'm thinking it means a lot more are corking and the attitude is you poor shmuck, you got caught and the rest of the guys haven't. If no one else was I would expect a little more shock and outrage.

That may say something about the amount of cheating going on. If they are laughing about it I'm thinking it means a lot more are corking and the attitude is you poor shmuck, you got caught and the rest of the guys haven't. If no one else was I would expect a little more shock and outrage.

He knew. he played with Sosa for years, you dont think he knows sammy corks?

Im sure stuff like this is happening all around baseball. Yesterday I heard about some Sosa mocking during Dodger batting practice. Mike Kinkade broke his bat while hitting a grounder and players from both clubs rushed out to check his bat, they were very disappointed that there wasnt cork inside :lol:

Shocking. I thought everybody used corked bats for hitting displays during BP :rolleyes:

If it was anybody else, I'd be laughing, but I can't stand that attention-starved phony camera hog Mark Grace. That guy is one of the bigger pieces of s*** in MLB. A complete fake, and always was.

You forgot about hot dog ;) . But anytime anyone has anything negative to say about ShamME, I'm all ears and for it too :headbang