Thome Tweaks Groin

Heads22

I remember commenting in the chat before his appearance Thome shouldn't have to bat in a 9-3 game entering the 8th inning. That's probably the situation he tweaked his groin.

Guillen has to take beter care of him in circumstances such as last night. If Thome is expected to play several games at 1st base in national league parks, we should avoid situations where an AB isn't necessary; such as blowouts. It always seems those are the times when people have injuries.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 24, 2006 -> 02:38 AM)
I remember commenting in the chat before his appearance Thome shouldn't have to bat in a 9-3 game entering the 8th inning. That's probably the situation he tweaked his groin.

Guillen has to take beter care of him in circumstances such as last night. If Thome is expected to play several games at 1st base in national league parks, we should avoid situations where an AB isn't necessary; such as blowouts. It always seems those are the times when people have injuries.

There's a thread on an article that was written before anything was known about Thome. Ozzie didn't sound too warm to the idea of playing Thome at 1B, and I'm glad to hear it.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 24, 2006 -> 12:20 AM)
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse...MLB&majteam=CWS

Jim Thome tweaked his right groin during Tuesday night's game, but he expects to be in Wednesday's starting lineup.

If the decision is made to give him a day off, the White Sox will probably use Ross Gload in his place. May. 24 - 12:55 am et

Did he marry a Playboy Playmate too? :rolly

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 23, 2006 -> 10:22 PM)
I put in the winner thread, and I said he needs to sit tomorrow. We won the series, put Gload or Mack at DH, give Jimbo the day off. No need to screw around with him.

Put Mack at DH and let Anderson roam CF.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 24, 2006 -> 12:22 AM)
I put in the winner thread, and I said he needs to sit tomorrow. We won the series, put Gload or Mack at DH, give Jimbo the day off. No need to screw around with him.

I agree, but Jimbo? :huh:

I'll take Sock It To It Thome over Jimbo any day of the week. :lol: