SI.com Pierzynski article

Steve9347

"I feel you'd have a much better chance of winning this game if you were anyone other than 2004 Brett Tomko. And to put that in perspective, I used to catch Kyle Lohse"

I confused... did aj actually say that to Tomko? I can't really tell from the article... if AJ really said that, thats the funniest thing I've read in a long time...

I don't think the article is very good at all. Everyone acts like he is Theo Fluery or Romanowski. I don't buy the story about the trainer. What I see is a guy who plays balls to the wall, everytime. He is clutch, smart and solid on both sides of the plate. There is a big difference in playing with your heart on your sleeve and dirty.

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ May 24, 2006 -> 08:59 PM)
"I feel you'd have a much better chance of winning this game if you were anyone other than 2004 Brett Tomko. And to put that in perspective, I used to catch Kyle Lohse"

I confused... did aj actually say that to Tomko? I can't really tell from the article... if AJ really said that, thats the funniest thing I've read in a long time...

No, he didn't actually say that. The writer was trying to come up with something that Pierzynski could have realistically said to Tomko while in the process of preparing for a start.

I thought that the article was outstanding. This Ethan Trex guy looks like he's 13 years old, but he's funny as hell.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 24, 2006 -> 07:10 PM)
AJ's denied that ever happened.

But the story is that he was hit in the balls with a ball during practice, and the trainer asked him how it felt. Pierzynski says, "Like this!" and kneed him in the groin.

That's the story. AJ denies it. Take it with a grain of salt.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ May 24, 2006 -> 04:27 PM)
No, he didn't actually say that. The writer was trying to come up with something that Pierzynski could have realistically said to Tomko while in the process of preparing for a start.

I thought that the article was outstanding. This Ethan Trex guy looks like he's 13 years old, but he's funny as hell.

But now that it showed up in SI, he might as well have. It won't be long before the haters start attributing it to him.

QUOTE(My Dixie Normus @ May 25, 2006 -> 12:04 AM)
But now that it showed up in SI, he might as well have. It won't be long before the haters start attributing it to him.

It has already been attributed to him. This story came up shortly after he signed with Sox. What makes the story seem like BS to me is that there was never any disciplinary action taken against AJ. Also, when are ML players on a ballfield without a gagle of writers hanging around?

The replays don't show Pierzynski doing anything to provoke Carlos Zambrano after homering off him on Sunday, although Zambrano surely spent several hours writing a livid 10,000-word e-mail home to Venezuela justifying his side of the story.

:lolhitting

more elbow problems for Z?

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ May 24, 2006 -> 04:27 PM)

That was my thought looking at his picture -- "When did SI start hiring high schoolers?"