AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

greasywheels121

QUOTE(Steff @ May 25, 2006 -> 08:21 AM)
Monday night I went to get Destiny who was sitting behind the plate with my sister.. when I brought her over to our section and were waiting for the 3rd out.. some ass walks in front of us and she says "hey... game going on!". He didn't hear her. Turns out he was sitting in the 5th row on the end so when we walk down she spots him and is sure to tell him... "you're not supposed to walk when the game is going on". She's 5.

The Look on his face must've been priceless :D

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the fan etiquette thoughts in here, however that's turned into a terrible problem at ALL parks, so I don't want to pick on our fans. And great to see Steff and some other people still care about this subject, I went to a game earlier this year and my 4 year old little brother already knows about this subject, somebody was standing in front of us during the game and he said to me "he's not supposed to be standing right now, you should go beat him up". Good times.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 25, 2006 -> 08:23 AM)
I agree with the fan etiquette thoughts in here, however that's turned into a terrible problem at ALL parks

I went to a game at the Metrodome last year. The ushers would not let you down to your seat from the concession area during an at bat.

QUOTE(Steff @ May 25, 2006 -> 08:09 AM)
Well... you might care, but it shows you're not paying attention to the game.

"Oooo.... here it comes... wait, wait.. ok.. here we go... wheeee..... hehe.. that was so fun. Look.. it's coming around again... Ooooo... "

I never do the wave..however there is a big difference when the wave is done in a one run game and when it is done is a 5 run game. Completely different circumstances.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 25, 2006 -> 08:25 AM)
I went to a game at the Metrodome last year. The ushers would not let you down to your seat from the concession area during an at bat.

It also is the one thing the Blackhawks do right. They way they have been going, I'm sure they'll change this policy soon as well.

QUOTE(Steff @ May 25, 2006 -> 08:21 AM)
Monday night I went to get Destiny who was sitting behind the plate with my sister.. when I brought her over to our section and were waiting for the 3rd out.. some ass walks in front of us and she says "hey... game going on!". He didn't hear her. Turns out he was sitting in the 5th row on the end so when we walk down she spots him and is sure to tell him... "you're not supposed to walk when the game is going on". She's 5.

:cheers

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 25, 2006 -> 08:25 AM)

In San Diego the Ushers hold signs during play at the top of the rows basically stating "We kindly ask all fans to stand on the concourse until a stoppage in play". They will stop you if you try to walk down. The Sox could definitely re-educate the current fanbase by introducing this little rule. I definitely enjoyed the fact that the Padres did this.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 25, 2006 -> 08:30 AM)
:cheers

I don't know if you heard her but when Jim was playing "glue" with her (which consists of him holding on to her arm, hand, or whatever, and not letting go) she said "uncle Jim... don't you see the baseball game?"

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ May 25, 2006 -> 08:31 AM)
In San Diego the Ushers hold signs during play at the top of the rows basically stating "We kindly ask all fans to stand on the concourse until a stoppage in play". They will stop you if you try to walk down. The Sox could definitely re-educate the current fanbase by introducing this little rule. I definitely enjoyed the fact that the Padres did this.

It would be pretty easy. Just have the ushers hold a chain across the entrance of the aisle. Let people out, but don't let them in until its appropriate. This is how its done in the lower infield boxes at Yankee Stadium.

QUOTE(Steff @ May 25, 2006 -> 08:32 AM)
I don't know if you heard her but when Jim was playing "glue" with her (which consists of him holding on to her arm, hand, or whatever, and not letting go) she said "uncle Jim... don't you see the baseball game?"

hmmm, my daughter likes to play the opposite of that game. Dont hold my hand, and I shall run around like a maniac until you get me. I need to teach her the glue game, it sounds much more constrained.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 25, 2006 -> 08:35 AM)
hmmm, my daughter likes to play the opposite of that game. Dont hold my hand, and I shall run around like a maniac until you get me. I need to teach her the glue game, it sounds much more constrained.

Oh... it's a game designed to fight and wrestle with her. She usually fights like mad to get away. Monday she just rolled her eyes at him as to say "what the hell dude.. I'm here to watch the game". :lol:

QUOTE(Steff @ May 25, 2006 -> 08:32 AM)

I was watching the game, duh :bang

:P

I agree with the fan etiquette thoughts in here, however that's turned into a terrible problem at ALL parks, so I don't want to pick on our fans. And great to see Steff and some other people still care about this subject, I went to a game earlier this year and my 4 year old little brother already knows about this subject, somebody was standing in front of us during the game and he said to me "he's not supposed to be standing right now, you should go beat him up". Good times.

I correct people quite loudly, I find that embarrasment works wonders the next time they feel they should get up during a pitch.

Well, seeing how most stadiums I have been to keep you on the concourse until a stoppage in play, I'd say you're dead wrong on this one.

QUOTE(maggliopipe @ May 25, 2006 -> 09:28 AM)
It looked on T.V. like there were only a few people doing the wave. Everyone else was just standing up synchronously trying to see over the person in front of them.

Actually, most people were doing the wave, the gleeful squeels that were a dead give away that most everyone was really enjoying the wave. If you would have asked random fans after the game how many pitchers came in to the game for the Sox in the 8th they'd have no idea. Jeff Nelson pitched today?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 25, 2006 -> 10:02 AM)
Well, seeing how most stadiums I have been to keep you on the concourse until a stoppage in play, I'd say you're dead wrong on this one.

Most? Really? I have been to about a dozen MLB parks (granted some were multiples for the same teams), and I haven't seen one that does that yet.

QUOTE(Steff @ May 25, 2006 -> 08:09 AM)
Well... you might care, but it shows you're not paying attention to the game.

"Oooo.... here it comes... wait, wait.. ok.. here we go... wheeee..... hehe.. that was so fun. Look.. it's coming around again... Ooooo... "

I paid damn well my attention to the game. I never missed a single pitch. I went to watch a game, but I also went to have a good time. I knew exactly what was going on, why they brought in Nelson to face Thomas, and how Thorton came in after, and then Jenks came in with 2 on and 2 out, and struck the guy out. I damn well paid attention, and I still did the wave. If you think I am the only one that has the ability to do this, you are wrong.

Sure, I bet there were some people who didn't pay any attention to the game going on, but thats not even close to a majority of the crowd. Baseball is a slow sport, and people can do things like the wave inbetween pitches and still be fine.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 25, 2006 -> 10:21 AM)
Most? Really? I have been to about a dozen MLB parks (granted some were multiples for the same teams), and I haven't seen one that does that yet.

Well, I've been to about 13 parks and from what I remember most of them would keep you on the concourse, especially some of the newer parks. I remember that PNC, Great American, Skydome, Petco and Yankee Stadium all do it for sure. Though Cinergy and Riverfront never did it, so it's sort of a new ballpark sort of thing I guess.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ May 25, 2006 -> 11:06 AM)
I paid damn well my attention to the game. I never missed a single pitch. I went to watch a game, but I also went to have a good time. I knew exactly what was going on, why they brought in Nelson to face Thomas, and how Thorton came in after, and then Jenks came in with 2 on and 2 out, and struck the guy out. I damn well paid attention, and I still did the wave. If you think I am the only one that has the ability to do this, you are wrong.

Sure, I bet there were some people who didn't pay any attention to the game going on, but thats not even close to a majority of the crowd. Baseball is a slow sport, and people can do things like the wave inbetween pitches and still be fine.

Most of the people in the left field stands seemed to be losing interest in the game the later it got. A lot of them had no clue what was going on, just that they had to make sure to stand up at the proper time to keep the wave going. I have never liked the wave and I never will.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ May 25, 2006 -> 11:06 AM)
Baseball is a slow sport, and people can do things like the wave inbetween pitches and still be fine.

I didn't realize the wave stopped during a pitch and resumed in between pitches.