Has anyone ever eaten at Hot Dougs

jenksd

It's this little Hot Dog place on the northside, well decorated. It used to be on roscoe(midpoint between belmont and addison) just east of Western, but it burned down and reopened, now it's at California and Roscoe...

Anyways, this place has ridiculous hot dogs. The entire menu varies from your typical fare(ranging from a regular hot dog, polish sausage, or a corndog), to weirder s*** like "Smoked Alligator Sausage with Cajun Remoulade and Gorgonzola Cheese ". It's all delicious stuff and they name the sausages after celebrities, which brings me to my main point:

last year during the playoffs they had one named "The Konerko" and it was a Ribeye Steak sausage with some weird green stuff(wasn't relish, don't remember exactly what it was) and it was one of the tastiest things I've ever had.

QUOTE(jenksd @ May 25, 2006 -> 05:45 AM)
It's this little Hot Dog place on the northside, well decorated. It used to be on roscoe(midpoint between belmont and addison) just east of Western, but it burned down and reopened, now it's at California and Roscoe...

Anyways, this place has ridiculous hot dogs. The entire menu varies from your typical fare(ranging from a regular hot dog, polish sausage, or a corndog), to weirder s*** like "Smoked Alligator Sausage with Cajun Remoulade and Gorgonzola Cheese ". It's all delicious stuff and they name the sausages after celebrities, which brings me to my main point:

last year during the playoffs they had one named "The Konerko" and it was a Ribeye Steak sausage with some weird green stuff(wasn't relish, don't remember exactly what it was) and it was one of the tastiest things I've ever had.

GOD DAMN does that sound delicious. I went to high school right down the street (Gordon Tech). I'm gonna have to check that place out one of these days. I love me some hot dogs.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ May 25, 2006 -> 12:12 AM)
GOD DAMN does that sound delicious. I went to high school right down the street (Gordon Tech). I'm gonna have to check that place out one of these days. I love me some hot dogs.

what year did you graduate?

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ May 25, 2006 -> 11:40 AM)
What the hell are those!?! They sound slightly disgusting.

I'm taking a wild leap and guessing they are fries cooked in duck fat. :ph34r:

You want seemingly disgusting, try hanging out with my high college buddy's Polish family on keeshka or czarnina night. Keeshka is, of course, blood sausage, and czarnina is duck's blood soup.

I had to say seemingly disgusting because, dammit, that stuff is actually pretty good once you get up the nerve to try it.