Suspensions Coming Down Friday

Kyyle23

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 25, 2006 -> 11:24 AM)
Exactly, his actions in the eyes of everyone I've come across have been viewed as justified and I'm hoping the league will feel the same way. If Pods had just stood there and done nothing then he should have been suspended for being a pussy and not sticking up for his teammate.

Pods actually got clocked by Barrett too...

cxs1150520171024x7684zi.jpg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steff @ May 25, 2006 -> 11:27 AM)
For starters, since he felt compelled he could have (should have) stepped in between them without grabbing MB by the throat...

He didn't really grab him by the throat, I just rewatched it again and checked a few pics. He drove himself in to Barretts chest knocking him backwards while the Ump reached in a grabbed barrett then BA flew by and grazed Barrett's right eye which lead to Pods falling over Barrett after that Pods' arm hooked under Barrett's left arm and they both fell. He never had him by the throat from what I see.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 25, 2006 -> 11:31 AM)
He didn't really grab him by the throat, I just rewatched it again and checked a few pics. He drove himself in to Barretts chest knocking him backwards while the Ump reached in a grabbed barrett then BA flew by and grazed Barrett's right eye which lead to Pods falling over Barrett after that Pods' arm hooked under Barrett's left arm and they both fell. He never had him by the throat from what I see.

He went for his throat and got a hand full of his chest protector. Which is clear in the pic above, and will be clear to the review board. Intent will get him a game or 3.

Guest JimH

Gotta love the crowd expressions on that picture though, classic.

As far as it being clear in the picture or the replay that Pods went for the throat ... count me as not being clear on it. I do think he'll get a short suspension though.

Edited by JimH

QUOTE(Steff @ May 25, 2006 -> 11:35 AM)
He went for his throat and got a hand full of his chest protector. Which is clear in the pic above, and will be clear to the review board. Intent will get him a game or 3.

I would have been hard pressed to not do at least what Pods did if I was in that exact situation. I was livid at my house when it was going on. This is one of the few fights that only really had one instigator. I hope the MLB really lays it down hard on MB.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ May 25, 2006 -> 11:39 AM)
I would have been hard pressed to not do at least what Pods did if I was in that exact situation. I was livid at my house when it was going on. This is one of the few fights that only really had one instigator. I hope the MLB really lays it down hard on MB.

I totally agree. I would have done a LOT more damage... ;)

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 25, 2006 -> 11:47 AM)
I bet you would have, and I mean in the best of ways. :)

There would have definitely been some blood shed... and fuggettaboouuttt that silly little cup protecting anything. :fight

AJ should get nothing. Pods should get nothing--he was getting punched by Barrett too.

Anderson, okay, I can see that.

Let Barrett take the fall for this, and rightly so. He literally started it. Had he just shoved AJ or something, it would have never gone past that. He's a headcase.

I thought the MLB NEVER suspends anyone who was not ejected from the game? I have no proof to back this up. It's completely what I have been hearing from tons of people. Meaning Pods can't get suspended.

Again, I am not sure if this is true.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ May 25, 2006 -> 12:03 PM)
I thought the MLB NEVER suspends anyone who was not ejected from the game? I have no proof to back this up. It's completely what I have been hearing from tons of people. Meaning Pods can't get suspended.

Again, I am not sure if this is true.

This really isn't true, they'll suspend anyone whom they felt added to the brawl on Saturday, regardless of whether they were ejected of not.

Contrearas and Lee will get the same number of games. You loss your pay for the games which you are suspended for. Therefore although I agree 100% in the suspending a starter long enough to miss a start or something, in this case it would be hard to support Contrearas getting more than Lee, thus hitting him in the pocket book at a greater percentage than Lee. I think they both get a game.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ May 25, 2006 -> 01:17 PM)
Contrearas and Lee will get the same number of games. You loss your pay for the games which you are suspended for. Therefore although I agree 100% in the suspending a starter long enough to miss a start or something, in this case it would be hard to support Contrearas getting more than Lee, thus hitting him in the pocket book at a greater percentage than Lee. I think they both get a game.

In that case, you're better off just fining them. If you want to take money from them you fine them, if you want them to sit out a few games you suspend them.

Suspending a starter for 5 doesn't really do anything. If MLB really wants starters to miss a start, they should suspend them for 9 games. Games 1-4 are the days b/t the start, game 5 is the start, and then game 6-9 are the days b/t the next start. 5 games just pushes the turn back a day.