LOST! finale SPOILERS ARE INCLUDED, BE WARNED!

southsider2k5

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 25, 2006 -> 07:43 AM)
Anyone else watch this show??? The finale was incredible and finally started to give more backround info on the last two seasons along with lots of the side characters. I can't wait until the next season, I am so addicted to this show.

I stopped studying for finals to watch the seaon finale. It once again showed why it is hands down the best show on TV. The past few episodes had been amazing and just when I thought it couldn't get any better, the season finale appeared and WOW is all I can say.

I never saw the first few episodes of Lost, but I'm glad I got in after watching one of those recap shows during the 1st season. Its an awesome show (Way better than Soprano's).

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 25, 2006 -> 09:43 AM)
Anyone else watch this show??? The finale was incredible and finally started to give more backround info on the last two seasons along with lots of the side characters. I can't wait until the next season, I am so addicted to this show.

I love this show!!

Last night was heart-pounding and jaw-dropping!

This show has got me hook, line and sinker and I bow to my master!

BTW, I love the criticisms some people have about the show last night i.e. They didn't answer everything, I still don't know all about those people..etc.

NO s***!! If they answered "Everything", the show would be over.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 25, 2006 -> 09:43 AM)

Um...why weren't you watching the Sox? :P :bang

I think I'm going to buy Season 1 and try and get into this show...everyone says great things. Hopefully Season 2 will be out on DVD before Season 3 starts.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ May 25, 2006 -> 10:32 AM)
I love this show!!

Last night was heart-pounding and jaw-dropping!

This show has got me hook, line and sinker and I bow to my master!

BTW, I love the criticisms some people have about the show last night i.e. They didn't answer everything, I still don't know all about those people..etc.

NO s***!! If they answered "Everything", the show would be over.

WINNER!

They gave you just enough answers to keep you interested, while leaving just enough questions to keep you addicted.

Some thoughts...

-I thought for sure Hurley or Sawyer was going to cap Michael when he found out about Libby/Ana Lucia.

-I want to know what happened to Sayed, Jin, and Sun.

-I can't wait to see if Mr Echo and Locke survived the blast. I loved Locke admitting "I was wrong" as the place was going nuts.

-Who is Mrs Witlock and have we seen her before?

-Was the electroamagnitism what caused people to get healthy quick, and if so will Locke (if he is alive) and the other woman stay "healthy"?

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ May 25, 2006 -> 10:42 AM)

I think I'm going to buy Season 1 and try and get into this show...everyone says great things. Hopefully Season 2 will be out on DVD before Season 3 starts.

I was. I had the little TV on the Sox game on mute. Too much TV going on with that, Lost, and Idol My poor remote control.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ May 25, 2006 -> 10:42 AM)

I believe Season 2 comes out on October 3rd just before the new season starts.

Link to Amazon.com "Lost-Season 2 DVD" page

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ May 25, 2006 -> 10:49 AM)
Sounds good...I'm going to give it a shot.

You won't be disappointed. I started in season two by watching season one on DVD and it is even more addicting that way as you don't have to wait a week for a new episode.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 25, 2006 -> 10:45 AM)
WINNER!

They gave you just enough answers to keep you interested, while leaving just enough questions to keep you addicted.

Some thoughts...

-I thought for sure Hurley or Sawyer was going to cap Michael when he found out about Libby/Ana Lucia.

-I want to know what happened to Sayed, Jin, and Sun.

-I can't wait to see if Mr Echo and Locke survived the blast. I loved Locke admitting "I was wrong" as the place was going nuts.

-Who is Mrs Witlock and have we seen her before?

-Was the electroamagnitism what caused people to get healthy quick, and if so will Locke (if he is alive) and the other woman stay "healthy"?

- I am shocked they didn't kill Michael. At the very least I wanted to see Hurley jump on him and crush him.

- I think Sayed, Jin and Sun are still at the "fake" Others camp. Talk about theatrics, there was nothing real in that camp and the hatch they had led nowhere.

- I have a feeling the "blast" wasn't a blast but more of a pulse that really didn't destroy anything. I doubt they'd kill off two of the most popular characters.

- Her name was Widmore and she is the daughter of Charles Widmore who is one of the head guys in the Hanso Corporation (I love this mythology they are creating)

A few questions of my own...

- What is up the giant four-toe "Homer Simpson" foot?

- Sine the magnetic properties on the island probably screwed up his compass and hindered Desmonds escape (thus thinkling humanity was gone)...What is heading 325? And why is Fake-Henry sure there is a rescue wating for Michael and Walt.

- Was Elizabeth really Libby or a twin?

- Didn't the final guy in the artic station with the glasses look like Jack?!?

Hmmmm

and check this out...cool

http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Perhaps we should add a "SPOILER WARNING" to this thread?

Edited by RibbieRubarb

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ May 25, 2006 -> 10:56 AM)
- I am shocked they didn't kill Michael. At the very least I wanted to see Hurley jump on him and crush him.

- I think Sayed, Jin and Sun are still at the "fake" Others camp. Talk about theatrics, there was nothing real in that camp and the hatch they had led nowhere.

- I have a feeling the "blast" wasn't a blast but more of a pulse that really didn't destroy anything. I doubt they'd kill off two of the most popular characters.

- Her name was Widmore and she is the daughter of Charles Widmore who is one of the head guys in the Hanso Corporation (I love this mythology they are creating)

A few questions of my own...

- What is up the giant four-toe "Homer Simpson" foot?

- Sine the magnetic properties on the island probably screwed up his compass and hindered Desmonds escape (thus thinkling humanity was gone)...What is heading 325? And why is Fake-Henry sure there is a rescue wating for Michael and Walt.

- Was Elizabeth really Libby or a twin?

- Didn't the final guy in the artic station with the glasses look like Jack?!?

Hmmmm

and check this out...cool

http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Perhaps we should add a "SPOILER WARNING" to this thread?

I just read this in todays Trib... I didn't get the last part- Once again, if you have not watched there are spoilers included!!!!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationw...,1,802486.story

OK, so the button is important.

Wednesday night's intense but ultimately exasperating season finale of ABC's "Lost" returned former button-pusher Desmond to the island, where he revealed that, oh yes, there was this one time when he failed to press the button in the hatch, and that time just happened to be Sept. 22, the day Oceanic Air flight 815 crashed.

"I think," Desmond told Locke, "I crashed your plane."

But still, Locke refused to press the button. So Desmond, trying to save the world, grabbed his copy of Charles Dickens' "Our Mutual Friend" (clue alert!), pulled out a failsafe key and blew up the hatch, possibly killing Locke and Eko and alerting people outside to the island's existence. Will help come to the island in Season 3?

Meanwhile, The Others attacked Jack, Sawyer, Hurley and Kate, who had been trekking through the forest with Michael. The Others--surprisingly led by former hatch hostage Henry--reunited Michael with Walt, giving them a boat and directions. They also let Hurley go, but no such luck for the love triangle of Sawyer, Kate and Jack, hoods thrown over their heads in the final moments.

Other revelations and backstories:

Desmond didn't meet only Jack in his pre-island life. After getting kicked out of the British army and driven from his one true love, Desmond sailed around the world in a boat given to him by a stranger named--wait for it--Libby. Yes, the same Libby who Michael shot a few episodes back.

Desmond never made it around the world. He washed ashore on The Island and a man in a yellow bio-hazard suit dragged him into the hatch. The man? Calvin, the CIA agent who tried to persuade Sayid to torture one of his own during Desert Storm. Explain that, message boards!

----------

The Personals page was compiled by Emily Rosenbaum from Tribune news services and staff reports.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 25, 2006 -> 11:07 AM)
So... is it worth it to go rent these?

I have (finally) started catching up on 24. I love that show, too.

YES!!! definately. This is an excellent series. It rivals the Soprano's IMO, and really tops it only because you get new episodes on a regular basis.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 25, 2006 -> 04:55 PM)
Another question... Is the guy who we were led to believe was the leader of the Others, also the guy that was in the hatch before Desmond?

i don't quite understand...the guy in the hatch with desmond was the guy who trained Sayed to torture...

QUOTE(bmags @ May 25, 2006 -> 12:10 PM)
i don't quite understand...the guy in the hatch with desmond was the guy who trained Sayed to torture...

Yes, it he also bears a striking resemblence at least to the fat guy who was seemingly leading the Others until Henry Gale showed back up.

The guy in the hatch, who rescued Desmond was the same guy who gave Sayid the box of tools to torture the Iraqi officer so that the US Army could find the pilot who had crashed.

Lost is the best show on tv, and if you are interested you can download the episodes from season 2 for free, but the commercials are embedded I believe.

As to the episode, finally some one looked at those computer print outs. I have been complaining about that since the time that they went into the Pearl. Prior to that episode Locke wanted to know if Henry Gale had typed the right number in, yet he never went through the print sheets to find out.

The last episode had some interesting thoughts:

1) It is clear that the magnetism f***s up compasses. This is reinforced when Henry Gale tells Michael exactly what path to follow. It also makes Desmond's "I went straight (east or west cant remember)" and returning back to the island make sense. Since the compass will be effected it is useless as a navigational tool.

2) The statute and the rock formations. Maybe its just me, but when I saw that statute I thought "Clossus of Rhodes" and then when I saw the rocks I thought "Stonehenge". This led me to start wondering if this island in some way is supposed to represent the lost city of Atlantis. The four toes was interesting, but I think Cyclops in greek myth have the 4 toes.

3) Every time a character dies, the plot reveals something that if they had been alive would have blown the mysteries wide open. Libby dies right before Desmond comes back in her ship. If she was alive, it would have set off a huge domino affect of people starting to see connections. The second is Anna Lucia, who it turns out knew Jacks father and brought Jacks father to the bar where he met Sawyer. Since Anna is dead, she cant have that conversation with Sawyer where they begin to realize that something besides chance is at work here.

I definitely thought the finally was satisfying. If they gave all the answers what would be in store for season 3. As of now I think Michael and Walt will turn their backs on freedom, return to the camp and next season will be about trying to get Sawyer, Jack, and Kate back.

The whole story line about Walt being special has not at all been fleshed out, which makes me believe that he may be back.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 25, 2006 -> 01:21 PM)
Yes, it he also bears a striking resemblence at least to the fat guy who was seemingly leading the Others until Henry Gale showed back up.

That is not the same guy.

Mr Tom Friendly aka The bearded man is actor MC Gainey.

Desmond's partner in the hatch is Clancy Brown ( who is also Mr. Krabs on Spongebob Squarepants!)

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ May 25, 2006 -> 01:55 PM)
That is not the same guy.

Mr Tom Friendly aka The bearded man is actor MC Gainey.

Desmond's partner in the hatch is Clancy Brown ( who is also Mr. Krabs on Spongebob Squarepants!)

Cool. I wasn't sure about that, and it clears somethings up.

An interesting obersvation (I think) is that Desmond really parallels Odysseus from The Oddysey with his lady friend, Penny, equaling Penelope, the wife that waited for years for him to return. Furthermore, Desmond was involved in a race around the world, a voyage much like Odysseus who also encountered a cyclops which someone said has 4 toes. I really don't know what, if anything, this means... just some more Lost mythology maybe.

As far as getting started on the show, I got started this season by watching Season 1 on DVD (finished those in about 4 days), and I can honestly say that I would rent/buy season 1 right before season 2 comes out so you can watch them all the way through.

Also of note, Lost is the best drama of tv by far, I love this show.

QUOTE(illinilaw08 @ May 25, 2006 -> 07:36 PM)

I'm a fan of Lost. However, there's no doubt in my mind that the best drama I saw on television this season was Prison Break.

QUOTE(illinilaw08 @ May 25, 2006 -> 07:36 PM)
An interesting obersvation (I think) is that Desmond really parallels Odysseus from The Oddysey with his lady friend, Penny, equaling Penelope, the wife that waited for years for him to return. Furthermore, Desmond was involved in a race around the world, a voyage much like Odysseus who also encountered a cyclops which someone said has 4 toes. I really don't know what, if anything, this means... just some more Lost mythology maybe.

As far as getting started on the show, I got started this season by watching Season 1 on DVD (finished those in about 4 days), and I can honestly say that I would rent/buy season 1 right before season 2 comes out so you can watch them all the way through.

awesome catch...

and i started catching up on lost over spring break...and i definitely miss just being able to go through 3 episodes at once and knowing i could watch the next episode whenever