LOST! finale SPOILERS ARE INCLUDED, BE WARNED!

southsider2k5

QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 25, 2006 -> 09:07 AM)
So... is it worth it to go rent these?

I have (finally) started catching up on 24. I love that show, too.

ITS infinitely greater than 24 and I'm a big fan of 24. In fact, for those of you that want, I think all of the 2nd season is currently available to download (for free) on abc.com

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ May 25, 2006 -> 11:36 AM)
The guy in the hatch, who rescued Desmond was the same guy who gave Sayid the box of tools to torture the Iraqi officer so that the US Army could find the pilot who had crashed.

Lost is the best show on tv, and if you are interested you can download the episodes from season 2 for free, but the commercials are embedded I believe.

As to the episode, finally some one looked at those computer print outs. I have been complaining about that since the time that they went into the Pearl. Prior to that episode Locke wanted to know if Henry Gale had typed the right number in, yet he never went through the print sheets to find out.

The last episode had some interesting thoughts:

1) It is clear that the magnetism f***s up compasses. This is reinforced when Henry Gale tells Michael exactly what path to follow. It also makes Desmond's "I went straight (east or west cant remember)" and returning back to the island make sense. Since the compass will be effected it is useless as a navigational tool.

2) The statute and the rock formations. Maybe its just me, but when I saw that statute I thought "Clossus of Rhodes" and then when I saw the rocks I thought "Stonehenge". This led me to start wondering if this island in some way is supposed to represent the lost city of Atlantis. The four toes was interesting, but I think Cyclops in greek myth have the 4 toes.

3) Every time a character dies, the plot reveals something that if they had been alive would have blown the mysteries wide open. Libby dies right before Desmond comes back in her ship. If she was alive, it would have set off a huge domino affect of people starting to see connections. The second is Anna Lucia, who it turns out knew Jacks father and brought Jacks father to the bar where he met Sawyer. Since Anna is dead, she cant have that conversation with Sawyer where they begin to realize that something besides chance is at work here.

I definitely thought the finally was satisfying. If they gave all the answers what would be in store for season 3. As of now I think Michael and Walt will turn their backs on freedom, return to the camp and next season will be about trying to get Sawyer, Jack, and Kate back.

The whole story line about Walt being special has not at all been fleshed out, which makes me believe that he may be back.

I think Jack had a plan that they would be captured (my guess is there is something we don't know) because they all looked at each other as if to signal something and that Michael will take the boat to the other side and more stuff will happen.

I was curious as to how the f*** the mangetic station was able to call Desmond's old girlfriend (how did she know to look for magnetism???).

Lots of stuff left to be answered, but a lot of new stuff came up as well. Just an oustanding finale and I can't wait for the next season. I do wonder if we will ever know everything (even when the series eventually ends) cause I could see a lot of people saying how stupid it is when its all over (kind of like the matrix).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 25, 2006 -> 03:28 PM)
ITS infinitely greater than 24 and I'm a big fan of 24. In fact, for those of you that want, I think all of the 2nd season is currently available to download (for free) on abc.com

I think Jack had a plan that they would be captured (my guess is there is something we don't know) because they all looked at each other as if to signal something and that Michael will take the boat to the other side and more stuff will happen.

I was curious as to how the f*** the mangetic station was able to call Desmond's old girlfriend (how did she know to look for magnetism???).

Lots of stuff left to be answered, but a lot of new stuff came up as well. Just an oustanding finale and I can't wait for the next season. I do wonder if we will ever know everything (even when the series eventually ends) cause I could see a lot of people saying how stupid it is when its all over (kind of like the matrix).

My theory on how she knew about the magnetism was because of her father. His last name is Widmore and it's popped up a lot in the background of stuff throughout the series, and she said in this episode that with money, anyone can be found... something like that.

And I agree on Jack... I really think Michael let them know they were being double crossed... at least I hope that's the case. Michael could use some redemption.

QUOTE(illinilaw08 @ May 25, 2006 -> 06:26 PM)
My theory on how she knew about the magnetism was because of her father. His last name is Widmore and it's popped up a lot in the background of stuff throughout the series, and she said in this episode that with money, anyone can be found... something like that.

And I agree on Jack... I really think Michael let them know they were being double crossed... at least I hope that's the case. Michael could use some redemption.

Her father is Charles Widmore of Widmore Construction. He is a mjor investor in the Hanso Corporation and his company built the Darma stations plus other things throught the season.

http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Widmore

Edited by RibbieRubarb

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ May 25, 2006 -> 05:01 PM)
Her father is Charles Widmore of Widmore Construction. He is a mjor investor in the Hanso Corporation and his company built the Darma stations plus other things throught the season.

http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Widmore

Ahh..it all makes more sense. That was the 2 minute part (when he was talking to Desmond) that I was in the other room printing something out for school.

Thats actually an awesome tie in and I bet she knows something about the project and for all we know a rescue team may show up on the island; of course I don't see them getting off anytime soon (I think this goes on for a few more seasons) but they got me hooked.