Enron verdict coming in.

YASNY

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ May 25, 2006 -> 04:08 PM)
No, but a small measure of justice that has been a long time coming.

It's all Bush's fault.

:P

(I really am just kidding, Flaxx. I agree with you, these guys need to go pound Bubba for a while).

QUOTE(Texsox @ May 25, 2006 -> 11:30 AM)
They were the poster boys for reform. Ten years, hell five years earlier, and they would have received a slap on the wrist.

Sorry for their luck.

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 25, 2006 -> 11:31 AM)
Sorry for their luck.

How many others escaped prosecution? I hope this stops anyone else from screwing stockholders and employees.

QUOTE(Texsox @ May 25, 2006 -> 11:33 AM)
How many others escaped prosecution? I hope this stops anyone else from screwing stockholders and employees.

I wasn't questioning your post. For all the people lives these assholes ruined, I wish they'd hang 'em.

Former Enron Corp. chiefs Kenneth Lay and Jeffrey Skilling were convicted Thursday of conspiracy to commit securities and wire fraud in a case born from one of the biggest business scandals in U.S. history.

The verdict put the blame for the demise of what was once the nation's seventh-largest company squarely on its top two executives. It came in the sixth day of deliberations following a trial that lasted nearly four months.

Lay was also convicted of bank fraud and making false statements to banks in a separate trial related to his personal banking.

Lay was convicted on all six counts against him in the trial with Skilling. Skilling was convicted on 19 of the 28 counts against and acquitted on the remaining nine.

Current guesstimates are on the order of 20-30 year sentences.

The State of California finally gets a little bit of payback, thanks to the Feds.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 25, 2006 -> 12:00 PM)
damn it, don't move this when I am posting! :P

Anyway, as I was saying, this reminds me of a place that I was - keyword WAS - employed on a much smaller scale. Bank Fraud... :ph34r:

How much time did you get?

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 25, 2006 -> 05:09 PM)
How much time did you get?

As I started seeing what was happening (restating earnings for the three years prior to me being there due to a write off of receivables (ahem, no real basis for billed revenue) was my first clue) I was out of there PDQ. There were other "incidents".

QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 25, 2006 -> 01:29 PM)
As I started seeing what was happening (restating earnings for the three years prior to me being there due to a write off of receivables (ahem, no real basis for billed revenue) was my first clue) I was out of there PDQ. There were other "incidents".

Was this the bankruptcy?

QUOTE(mr_genius @ May 25, 2006 -> 12:53 PM)
:cheers

these guys deserve jail time. 30 years minimum.

No doubt, probably more. Guys like this are one of the reasons I decided to go to law school, here's hoping my ideals don't end up going to s*** :cheers