I found this website...everyone needs to see

wilmot825

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 25, 2006 -> 10:46 AM)
And yet all this page does is give Mariotti more press...exactly as he wants.

Exactly, if you truly dislike Marriotti, ignore him. He'll disappear in due time. I personally havn't read a column of his in 5 years, this is includes the supposed good article he did on Frank Thomas last year. I refuse to give him my attention and if you don't like him, I suggest you do the same.

Mariotti has been doing the same thing for over 15+ years.

When the Bulls were winning all those titles he was all over with his loving, but as soon as the Knicks or Pacers won a single playoff game, he was knocking everyone from Jackson to Krause to Jerry to MJ and Pippen.

He is like a bass out of water.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 25, 2006 -> 11:13 AM)
Exactly, if you truly dislike Marriotti, ignore him. He'll disappear in due time. I personally havn't read a column of his in 5 years, this is includes the supposed good article he did on Frank Thomas last year. I refuse to give him my attention and if you don't like him, I suggest you do the same.

No way. Mariotti's not going anywhere, even if some people ignore him.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 25, 2006 -> 11:52 AM)

If everyone who dislikes Marriotti simply stop paying any attention to him, he'll slip into obscurity. He banks on people hating him, if he loses that, he's screwed.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 25, 2006 -> 11:13 AM)

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 25, 2006 -> 11:52 AM)

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 25, 2006 -> 11:54 AM)
If everyone who dislikes Marriotti simply stop paying any attention to him, he'll slip into obscurity. He banks on people hating him, if he loses that, he's screwed.

Quiting buying the Sun-Times, and write them telling them why you aren't buying it. Quiting watching his shows and do the samething... If companies see their bottom line falling and have a victim to blame, you can damned well bet his ass would be out on the streets. As it is now, people read his stuff, watch his show, and talk about him on message boards, so he has a primo job. The ST doesn't care about how good he is, they care about how many papers he sells.

I read him everyday. I actually enjoy him, as wrong as he can be sometimes.

He sure is tellin' it like it is with the Cubs right now, and I thought he was pretty damns supportive of the Sox last year and this.

When he's wrong, he's wrong (like with the AJ column this week). I'd rather see somebody go both barrels though. IMHO.

Zorn's piece in the trib last November pretty much summed it up better than anything I've ever seen, pointing out the absurdity of his ramblings throughout the course of the year, starting with the off season ridicule of signing Jermaine Dye.

Yet, for the same reason I like watching shirtless rednecks dragged from their trailers on COPS, I continue to read Mariotti. Nuts.

QUOTE(Sox1422 @ May 25, 2006 -> 12:02 PM)
I can't stand the little b****, but I enjoy reading his column.

lol

He's "the first word," I think, so I usually skim through it, depending on the topic. You can usually tell how horrible it's gonna be by the headline.

It wouldn't be much of a boycott for me to not take a look at it since I already get the sun-times...

It's just sad that a facade and fake over-the-top opinions are needed to get attention instead of trying to gain recognition with your own true thoughts and writings.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 25, 2006 -> 11:54 AM)

Don't get me wrong, I hate Mariotti as much as anyone. I just know he's not going anywhere. There will never be a big enough boycott of the paper to get rid of him.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 25, 2006 -> 12:51 PM)
Don't get me wrong, I hate Mariotti as much as anyone. I just know he's not going anywhere. There will never be a big enough boycott of the paper to get rid of him.

I hate him but need my daily news fix. I like looking through both papers.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 25, 2006 -> 01:33 PM)
The Sun-Times has plenty of other ways to sell their paper. I prefer it over Tribune b/c it's easier to handle on buses and trains. I like the tabloid format.

And that is exactly what turns me off about that rag. I like my newspaper to contain news, not sensationalism. Give me the Trib anyday of the week, and twice on Sundays.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 25, 2006 -> 11:46 AM)
what is difficult to understand about his quote?

One of them is saying he likes the way the Sun Times is shaped because it's like a tabloid magazine and is therefore easier to read. 2k5 then took that as saying that the Sun Times printed news like it was a tabloid magazine (i.e. including Mariotti, etc.), and said he preferred the Trib because it was not so much into sensationalism. They're both talking about different aspects of the tabloids.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 25, 2006 -> 01:39 PM)
And that is exactly what turns me off about that rag. I like my newspaper to contain news, not sensationalism. Give me the Trib anyday of the week, and twice on Sundays.

That'd be a lot of paper on sunday... That's one heavy paper.

QUOTE(Sox1422 @ May 25, 2006 -> 12:02 PM)
I can't stand the little b****, but I enjoy reading his column.

^^^^^

I'm thick skinned enough to read his column. Sometimes he's so right it hurts, other times he's an idiot. About the same as every poster here.