Can you cork a bat in college?

Texsox

No it isn't legal.  But what they do with aluminum bats is pop the top off of the bat and put superballs (the high bounce balls) inside of it, and then reseal it.  It gives the bat more of a trampoline affect.

Is that legal with aluminum bats or are they suppose to remain hollow?

I'm going to sell aluminum bats filled with helium to make them lighter :lol:

If they cut open the bats there is no way to get caught. No where to find some really dumb college players . . .

It is just like MLB where NOTHING else is allowed except the material the bat is made of.  It is supposed to remain hollow.

Actually they aren't hollow. They have a type of filler in them to baffle the sound.

Putting super balls or tennis balls in an aluminum bat makes the bat heavier in essence eliminating the benefit of the added bouancy (sp?).

Actually they aren't hollow.  They have a type of filler in them to baffle the sound. 

Putting super balls or tennis balls in an aluminum bat makes the bat heavier in essence eliminating the benefit of the added bouancy (sp?).

Superballs are so light that they don't make that much of a difference. I'm pretty sure the extra bounce they provide is worth the added pound a handful of superballs will give you.

Actually they aren't hollow.  They have a type of filler in them to baffle the sound. 

Superballs are so light that they don't make that much of a difference. I'm pretty sure the extra bounce they provide is worth the added pound a handful of superballs will give you.

Have you tried it? Corking a bat only lightens it approx. one ounce. Adding superballs to an aluminum bat completely changes the weight distribution of the bat, negatively. Trust me.

Have you tried it? Corking a bat only lightens it approx. one ounce. Adding superballs to an aluminum bat completely changes the weight distribution of the bat, negatively. Trust me.

Yeah, I have a bat that's been superballed and I prefer it to the other bats the team had.... It's still very light but you can definitely tell that the superballs are in there when you hit.

But I only used it in BP for the fans. :lolhitting

Does anyone know if it's legal to cork a bat in college? They allow aluminum, why not cork one?

Can you cork an aluminum bat? I wish they didn't have aluminum bats. MLB should donate money to the NCAA so its mandatory to use wooden bats.

Aluminum sucks.

Yeah, I have a bat that's been superballed and I prefer it to the other bats the team had.... It's still very light but you can definitely tell that the superballs are in there when you hit.

But I only used it in BP for the fans. :lolhitting

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'm pretty sure the extra bounce they provide is worth the added pound a handful of superballs will give you.

The extra POUND? Yikes! Right now, I use a 26 ounce bat, add 16 ounces to that and now I have a 44ounce bat. No way am I getting that thing around!