Official Soxtalk 2006 World Cup Thread

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 04:09 PM)
No. Not sure what day it is, but it's not today. :P

Oh, I was a little confused. I pay zero attention to this thing.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 04:08 PM)
France v. Italy, :headshake :puke :puke

Which country do you hate more, Italy or France?

Italy/France on Sunday for the World Cup. Should be an amazing game. I admit, I'm dissapointed with the way Portugal played today. They were my sleeper pick to win it all from the beginnning. I'm picking France to win the Cup and Portugal to take 3rd.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 04:22 PM)
Fine, I'll do it myself.

France.

Heh heh, no one ever says Italy.

As far as soccer goes, Italy. An Italy-Portugal final would have disgusted me. Cristiano Ronaldo is such a good player, he does not need to resort to diving as much as he does.

Henry and Zidane, good times.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 04:09 PM)
Mark it down on your calendars, Italy's next appearance in the final game will be in 2018.

I get it. Final every 12 years. Goes back all the way to 1970, impressive.

Forza Italia! :D

I hate both Italy and France, but I was rooting for Italy because of Buffon. Zidane is basically a thug, and I was glad to see the ref actually give him the red card (I thought he wouldn't because of who Zidane is, and since it was his last game).

I'm not real happy that Italy won it, but I was rooting for them for the day, so I'm far from upset :P

Zidane has a history of this sort of thing, as does Materazzi. Zidane stomped a Saudi in a match, and I've heard he climbed into the stands to beat the s*** out of someone when he was met with a Hitlergrüss.

That being said, Materazzi probably provoked him verbally, which is really no excuse, but I was giddy seeing the replays. Italy rivals Portugal for dives, which is an incredible feat, and looked like s*** today. France controlled the entire game in the second half and AET, and Italy was lucky to run into such an atrocious goalie like Barthez.