Official Soxtalk 2006 World Cup Thread

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 04:47 PM)
lol I know...I was just making fun of the s*** he gets for being a bit heavy...Even though it certainly did show in the past couple of games, he still can be lethal as was shown today...

Pretty soon they'll be reshuffling the nicknames. Ronaldinho and Ronaldo both graduate, to Ronaldo and Ronaldao.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 06:51 AM)
Wait, did that guy get 3 cards? PK? WTF just happened?

AUSSIES MOVE ON! HAHA. DBAH0 REJOICE!

Just bring it Dan, just bring it. :D

And yes Josip Simunic did get 3 yellow cards. It just shows how bad Graham Poll and English Premier League Refs are.

And please Hiddink, do not let Kalac be our goalie against Italy. He's absolutely terrible.

And I think we've got a decent chance against Italy, losing Emerton to 2 yellows will hurt though.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 02:23 PM)
SWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSS

Header in 24'. 1-0.

I must say, the Swiss have one of my favorite names in the entire World Cup. Tranquillo Barnetta. And he is one of the best young midfielders in the world too.

Pick 'em? Here are my predictions of knockout phase:

Germany over Sweden

Argentina over Mexico

Italy over Australia

Switzerland over Ukraine

England over Ecuador

Netherlands over Portugal

Brazil over Ghana

France over Spain

Ok, so I only picked two teams that didn't win their groups which might be a little low. I could see Ecuador and Ukraine pulling upsets and there will probably be one shocker despite the fact that I think Brazil, Italy, Argentina, and Germany are mortal locks. Of the two group winners I have losing I don't think Portugal is near as good as the Netherlands and Spain is a traditional underachiever and France looked strong against Togo.

Argentina over Germany

Italy over Switzerland

Netherlands over England

Brazil over France

Argentina Germany should be a classic that could go either way.

Argentina over Italy

Brazil over Netherlands

Italy over Netherlands

Brazil over Argentina

IMO Ecuador are a real chance to upset England tonight.

England are going with a 4-5-1 formation, with Rooney up front. It's a lot to ask a guy who's not really match fit to lead the attack on his own.

If Ecaudor can show the form they had in the 1st 2 games of the tournament, they'll definitely trouble England tomorrow night, and the Poms looked susceptible at the back in their last game against Sweden.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 05:15 AM)
IMO Ecuador are a real chance to upset England tonight.

England are going with a 4-5-1 formation, with Rooney up front. It's a lot to ask a guy who's not really match fit to lead the attack on his own.

If Ecaudor can show the form they had in the 1st 2 games of the tournament, they'll definitely trouble England tomorrow night, and the Poms looked susceptible at the back in their last game against Sweden.

Hush your mouth ..............you................you.............you..........Antipodean.......person. Ugh. Just hold your tongue, Saint Gerrard will rally his troops and we will be victorious!

QUOTE(DePloderer @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 06:49 PM)
Hush your mouth ..............you................you.............you..........Antipodean.......person. Ugh. Just hold your tongue, Saint Gerrard will rally his troops and we will be victorious!

I have an endless list of bad things to say about Steven Gerrard after what he did to my team in the FA Cup thank-you very much. :P