2006 White Sox Catch-All Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 27, 2006 -> 11:12 PM)
I've missed most of the last few games but I've noticed this lately, if Thome has 2 strikes on him and you throw him high, inside heat, he's DONE. Is he also taking a lot of strikes and falling behind in the count a lot?

He's really not taking many pitches, all of a sudden he can't touch the low breaking ball, so pitchers are starting him off with it and he's getting down in the count early.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 27, 2006 -> 09:24 PM)
He's really not taking many pitches, all of a sudden he can't touch the low breaking ball, so pitchers are starting him off with it and he's getting down in the count early.

That's the book on Thome. Ice cold, then red hot, then ice cold, then red hot. Give him a few days and he'll be mashing again. You take the good with the bad sometimes if you want a force like JT in your lineup.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ May 28, 2006 -> 08:36 PM)
What happened to the pitching matchup banners? I liked those.

Still waiting on tomorrow's, so for now, you get the famous Crede banner that started it all.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 28, 2006 -> 11:38 PM)
I think it's pretty obvious why we lost the first two games of the Blue Jays series, Ozzie is just a terrible 3b coach.

I tell you what, Cora's the best 3B coach in the league. I don't know about the National League, but he's by far the best 3B coach in the American League.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 28, 2006 -> 10:41 PM)
I tell you what, Cora's the best 3B coach in the league. I don't know about the National League, but he's by far the best 3B coach in the American League.

:lol: :lol:

I can't really speak for the National League because I don't see em enough, I'm sure there damn good...but there is no way I can imagine anyone better than this guy.

The Tribune is suggesting someone's about to be on the move.

Taking a peek

The Sox could add another pitcher by the end of the week as they gear up for a homestand against Texas, Detroit and Cleveland.

Jeff Farnsworth, who was signed out of a tryout camp in early March, has a 1.48 earned-run average and nine saves for Triple-A Charlotte.

Agustin Montero, who was sent down last Monday to make room for Jeff Nelson, has a 1.93 ERA with 27 strikeouts in 28 innings for the Knights.

Left-hander Boone Logan, who was optioned on May 21, has allowed three runs in 22/3 innings but pitched a scoreless inning Saturday for Charlotte.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(DePloderer @ May 29, 2006 -> 11:42 AM)
Is Cleveland in the same time zone as Chicago? I'm trying to work out the UK time for the start.

Nope. Cleveland's an hour ahead of Chicago. The game starts at 1 in Cleveland and 12 in Chicago.

This isn't 2006 White Sox, but White Sox related. I saw a little bit of the 5 reasons you can't blame someone show on ESPN and they had it about Babe Ruth being sold to the Yankees. What they said was Ruth wasn't going to play for Boston anymore and the Red Sox had 2 choices, either sell Ruth to the Yankees, or the other deal on the table was to trade him to the White Sox for Shoeless Joe Jackson. This was months before there was any knowledge of any Jackson involvement with the Black Sox scandal. How different White Sox history would have been. I wonder what number Harold Baines would have been.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 29, 2006 -> 03:26 PM)
Sox yet to get shutout this season.

I'm gonna call a jinx on this one :P

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 29, 2006 -> 05:41 PM)
White Sox AL Offense ranks:

Runs: 4th

HR: 1st

AVG: 5th

OBP: 5th

SLG: 3rd

OPS: 2nd

What a difference a year makes.

And a Jim Thome.

I didn't realize this until now, but wow, Paulie is really having a great season. I knew he was doing well just from watching the games, but I guess I overlooked him with how Thome is doing. Right now in the American League, Paulie is t-2nd in HR, 6th in RBI, and 9th in OPS :o

Edited by Felix

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 29, 2006 -> 08:14 PM)
This isn't 2006 White Sox, but White Sox related. I saw a little bit of the 5 reasons you can't blame someone show on ESPN and they had it about Babe Ruth being sold to the Yankees. What they said was Ruth wasn't going to play for Boston anymore and the Red Sox had 2 choices, either sell Ruth to the Yankees, or the other deal on the table was to trade him to the White Sox for Shoeless Joe Jackson. This was months before there was any knowledge of any Jackson involvement with the Black Sox scandal. How different White Sox history would have been. I wonder what number Harold Baines would have been.

Wow. Its incredible to think how different things could have been for all 3 involved franchises.