2006 White Sox Catch-All Thread

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 11:06 PM)
Is it too much to ask of Ozzie for him to simply learn from his mistakes?

this is what i can't understand. this isn't the first time we've seen this kind of of thing. more often than not it does't work out. i really like the energy and attitude ozzie brings, but the way he handles the pitching is sketchy.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 01:46 AM)
But it's still a catch 22.

Why can't the guy Ozzie brings in from the bullpen get the job done?

If the player (pitcher) comes through, we're not talking about this.

It's about putting your players in the best position possible to be successful and IMO Guillen did not do that today.

The players should get more credit and the players should get more blame.

He wanted Contreras to face Arod and I suspect that would've been it for him regardless. He was at 100 pitches for the night and how many people on this board squawk when he lets the pitchers throw 110, 115? Certainly the bullpen was fresh.

Let's face it there were some freakish hits but the key was Thornton walking Bernie Williams, that was bad. Two switch hitters did the job for the Yankees and whoever that kid hitter was who faced BMac, I'm happy he didn't drill one out to the monuments, he had at least two good pitches to hit.

The only thing I might have done differently was bring in Cotts right after Contreras but that's overanalyzing too. Thotnton and Cotts can both get K's. Damon got the key hit off of Cotts and it was one of Johnny Damon's specials, a slap hit right down the 3rd base line on a pretty good pitch by Cotts.

Ozuna did not have a good game either. A little iffy in LF as usual and a bad day at the plate.

Lets dig some f***ing posts from last year. Everyone who wanted Guillen gone in August should have had to eat crow. But for some reason, it was never brought up when we lifted our first banner in 88 years. We should really do some more post/thread digging next year.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 03:04 PM)
Lets dig some f***ing posts from last year. Everyone who wanted Guillen gone in August should have had to eat crow. But for some reason, it was never brought up when we lifted our first banner in 88 years. We should really do some more post/thread digging next year.

^^^

:cheers

but Buehrle still looks like worthless lately

Rotoworld's take on Buehrle's game:

The defense behind Buehrle was a joke. Derek Jeter was credited with an RBI double on a shot to center that Brian Anderson misjudged in the first. In the fourth, a leadoff single was followed by what was termed a bunt hit because Tadahito Iguchi forgot to cover first base on the play. That resulted in another bunt, and Paul Konerko threw to third in plenty of time to get the lead runner, only to have Alex Cintron drop the ball. A double and a single followed, knocking Buehrle from the game. The double might have been a single, but Anderson made a terrible throw back to the infield. Buerhle is struggling right now, but he probably would have kept the White Sox in the game with some help. Jul. 15 - 4:54 pm et

UP TO THE SECOND SP TRUST LEVELS:

1.) Jose Contreras - I have much faith in the Titan, I truely expect him to kickass every time out.

-

-

2.) Jon Garland - The tallest of the midgets at this point in time, he's been pitching considerably better than the other 3.

-

3.) Mark Buehrle - 22 ER (24 R) over his last 14.1 IP, that's 3 straight horrid starts. I hate him right now.

4.) Javier Vazquez - I have much faith in Javy, faith that 4 out of his 6 IP in each start will be stellar but he'll end up allowing 3 runs per in the other 2 because an opposing hitter looked at him the wrong way.

-

-

-

5.) Freddy Maddux - No real reason for him to be pitching for this team in August.

Edited by Kalapse

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 10:51 PM)

1.) Jose Contreras - I have much faith in the Titan, I truely expect him to kickass every time out.

-

-

2.) Jon Garland - The tallest of the midgets at this point in time, he's been pitching considerably better than the other 3.

-

3.) Mark Buehrle - 22 ER (24 R) over his last 14.1 IP, that's 3 straight horrid starts. I hate him right now.

4.) Javier Vazquez - I have much faith in Javy, faith that 4 out of his 6 IP in each start will be stellar but he'll end up allowing 3 runs per in the other 2 because an opposing hitter looked at him the wrong way.

-

-

-

5.) Freddy Maddux - No real reason for him to be pitching for this team in August.

well, done, well done, but I have more faith in Javy than I do Mark at the moment. Javy can still get lucky with a 94 mph fastball. Mark cant.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 11:51 PM)

-

-

-

-

-

-

Ahh...remember the days when we used to see polls about how many 20 game winners we would have?

*sigh*

I guess the Yankee fans got tired of hearing the 'Pau-lee Pau-lee' and 'Let's go White Sox' chants all weekend. Did anyone notice the mock 'Paul-ee Paul-ee' and 'Let's go Yankees' chants that went up in the 9th when he hit into that dp? I've NEVER heard that chant at Yankee stadium before.

What a classy bunch those New Yorkers.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 11:51 PM)

-

I wonder if we had radar gun wars between El Duque and Freddy who would throw harder. It seems like we replaced El Duque of last year, with our new version. Except this version doesnt know when to go on the DL. Hopefully he has a horseshoe up his ass like last years. Remember last year, when El Duque was rested he would break 90 and would dominate. When he was tired and needed DL time he would be in the 80s and would be getting rocked.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 09:03 AM)
I guess the Yankee fans got tired of hearing the 'Pau-lee Pau-lee' and 'Let's go White Sox' chants all weekend. Did anyone notice the mock 'Paul-ee Paul-ee' and 'Let's go Yankees' chants that went up in the 9th when he hit into that dp? I've NEVER heard that chant at Yankee stadium before.

What a classy bunch those New Yorkers.

I loved our road presence, but I thought it was smooth how they reacted to it.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 10:19 PM)
I loved our road presence, but I thought it was smooth how they reacted to it.

that's what i thought too.

gotta love sports atmospheres :cheers

Lawrence Holmes was on his f***ing game today, he ripped the s*** out of Sox fans and it was an absolutely beautiful thing.

What did he say you ask? Just imagine me yelling into a microphone for a few hours on everything I b**** about here. Including a certain thing some "fans" have been doing in the late innings of close games this year that I've ranted on in the past.