2006 White Sox Catch-All Thread

QUOTE(mreye @ Jul 11, 2006 -> 10:15 AM)
SS keeps score? Why am I not surprised? :chair

I think that's about as many as we have. I've been teaching one kid that really wants to learn, though.

How many people still know how to keep score bowling?

I learned as a little guy back in the old ballpark. My dad taught me mostly to keep me busy, but I still keep score at big games, and I plan on teaching Madison if she wants to learn.

And I do know now to score bowling as well

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(mreye @ Jul 11, 2006 -> 10:25 AM)
I figured you would, but how many people do anymore?

It's not THAT difficult...

Actual on an open, 10+1 on a spare, and 10+2 on a strike. :huh

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 11, 2006 -> 10:24 AM)
I learned as a little guy back in the old ballpark. My dad taught me mostly to keep me busy, but I still keep score at big games, and I plan on teaching Madison if she wants to learn .

Someone call the DCFS!! :lol:

QUOTE(mreye @ Jul 11, 2006 -> 10:25 AM)
I figured you would, but how many people do anymore?

Wait, everyone doesn't know how? I usually do the scoring in my head to make sure the machine doesn't screw up because at the bowling alley I go to it's notorious for messing up the scoring.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 10, 2006 -> 02:25 PM)
If you're simply asking how many times AJ Pierzynski struck out yesterday then that can be found here.

Trot Nixon was 0-9. 4 K's, 5 LOB. OUCH!!

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Jul 11, 2006 -> 11:18 AM)
Wait, everyone doesn't know how? I usually do the scoring in my head to make sure the machine doesn't screw up because at the bowling alley I go to it's notorious for messing up the scoring.

Trot Nixon was 0-9. 4 K's, 5 LOB. OUCH!!

Bad day to have a bad day. That'll plummet your BA.

WOW, I just realized that Brian Anderson and batting average are abbreviated the same way. There's a joke in the somewhere, but I'm not clever enough to reel it in.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 11, 2006 -> 09:54 AM)
I just realized we're off until Friday. Isn't it usually just a 3-day break?

Yup. Occasionally it comes up in the schedule where one of the off-days winds up sitting on the back end of the AS break. There's actually a fairly small load of games scheduled for Thursday anyway. And after Sunday, I think a lot of our guys could use the extra day off.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 11, 2006 -> 12:09 PM)
Yup. Occasionally it comes up in the schedule where one of the off-days winds up sitting on the back end of the AS break. There's actually a fairly small load of games scheduled for Thursday anyway. And after Sunday, I think a lot of our guys could use the extra day off.

Oh, I'm definitely liking the fact that they have days off, even though it'll be boring as hell for me. We can definitely use it, and hopefully it'll have our starters coming out strong.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 11, 2006 -> 01:40 PM)
I'm not convinced it's him, but it could be.

It's him. There and Melvin's are his favorite places. There alllll the time.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 10, 2006 -> 10:22 PM)
That's cool. But, for the record, here's my thinking. If say, Dye, had been playing on a sore knee and decided to opt out of the game, I believe most around here would be saying that it was a good decision. You'd hear a lot along the lines of 'He has the team's best interest in mind' and 'It's just an exhibition game and the pennant race is what matters'.

In fact, Thome opted out of the HR Derby to insure he didn't injure himself during it. So, you could say Thome also disregarded the fans that pay his salary, etc.

Good points. Of course they would make more sense if Manny had A: Told anyone he wasnt going. And B: Actually just showed up for the game.

You dont have to play, but showing up is for the fans. All he had to do is put on a jersey.

In fact, Thome opted out of the HR Derby to insure he didn't injure himself during it. So, you could say Thome also disregarded the fans that pay his salary, etc.

Thome wasn't elected by the fans to bat in the Derby.

Manny was voted in by the fans.

There's quite a difference there.

I do think it's fair enough for him to want more rest, but I'm with Rock: all he had to do was put on a jersey.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 11, 2006 -> 03:05 PM)
Thome wasn't elected by the fans to bat in the Derby.

Manny was voted in by the fans.

There's quite a difference there.

I do think it's fair enough for him to want more rest, but I'm with Rock: all he had to do was put on a jersey.

And Boomer asked Ortiz about this last night. He said (sic) "he could have been here... but... " and then changed the subject. I don't think Ortiz approved of MR not being there.

QUOTE(WISOX @ Jul 11, 2006 -> 04:57 PM)
This is obviously a cub~~

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/50038

Hey, that's Jeff Kent playing against the Giants on Sunday April 16th, 2006. He was hit in the head with a pitch and removed from the game. I remember Joe Morgan gushing non-stop on the greatness of Barry Bonds througout that game.