2006 White Sox Catch-All Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 04:57 PM)
He can bearly walk right now, everytime you see him run he's hobbling. I doubt he makes it through the week without going back on the DL.

He hit a pinch hit 2-run game tying homerun yesterday with a hurt hamstring :P

I was at out AT&T Park today for the Giants/Padres game. Anyone see the statue ceremony? I'd like to hear how that went and some feedback on the statues as well.

BTW - Giants Park is still the best in the bigs.

EDIT: It was very cool to see random people at the park wearing Sox caps. Saw more than a handful.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 08:36 PM)
I was at out AT&T Park today for the Giants/Padres game. Anyone see the statue ceremony? I'd like to hear how that went and some feedback on the statues as well.

BTW - Giants Park is still the best in the bigs.

EDIT: It was very cool to see random people at the park wearing Sox caps. Saw more than a handful.

Ya, Pacbell or whatever its called these days is an awesome park. Definately right there amongst my favorite parks, if not my favorite.

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 11:54 PM)
The good news: I won a pair of tickets to a Tigers game in September under a Pepsi cap tonight.

The bad news: This loss moved my record at the Cell this year to 1-5.

can u like not go until we get better......plz lol

QUOTE(SnB @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 11:29 AM)
So last night at the game I saw a "Got Crede?" T-shirt,

WHY HAS THIS NOT BEEN BROUGHT TO MY ATTENTION EARLIER?

Where can i get it?

nevermind, found it

http://shirtheadz.apparix.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=2414

That makes 2 shirts that I have to buy in the near future (the other would be a "You're With Me, Leather" shirt)

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 01:01 AM)
HEY! The replay of today's game is just starting on CSN!

At least after the replay you dont have to listen to the PFB doing his "everything is smiles and puppy farts" routine.

Konerko has 4 hits in the last week, all of them dongs. I wonder what he is trying to do.

another turn through the rotation and we have . . .

UP TO THE SECOND SP TRUST LEVELS:

1a.) Jon Garland - Jonny boy came up absolutely huge, saving the Sox from being swept by the Rangers. I now trust him more than any other starter, I feel dirty.

2.) Jose Contreras - Ok outing from the Count in a big game Vs the Twins, a pathetic 0-2 pitch to resulting in a 3 Run Homer off the top of the left field wall sealed his fate however. I guess I'm still pretty damn confident in him.

-

-

-

-

-

-

3.) Javier Vazquez - 5 INNINGS OF PURE DOMINATION YO! Too bad this isn't softball or Vazquez would be the spiff. He sucked but not as bad as Buehrle so he jumps into the #3 spot which isn't saying much.

4.) Mark Buehrle - 5 straight losses and he's allowed 5 runs or more in all of them, he's given up 47 hits in his last 26 2/3 innings of work. I don't know WTF is wrong with him but I don't really see an end to the suckiness in sight.

-

-

5.) Freddy Maddux - A fluky start from the Mad Dog nets him a notch on the board, I still have no interest in seeing him pitch for the Sox. His situation is one of utter mystery.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 10:17 PM)
He sure sucked last time out there!

I was looking at Macdougal's stats, and man, he is an insane groundball pitcher in addition to his career 8.33 K/9. :o

It's becaue he lives and dies with his 2 seamer that thing has some insane sinking action on it along with movement in to right hand hitters, if he's spotting that thing where he wants . . . unhittable.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 02:48 PM)
When did Joe Crede shave off the Mullett?

I don't know, I asked but didn't receive an answer in the game thread. Either way, it sucks that he shaved it off :(

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 10:17 PM)
He sure sucked last time out there!

If you've got faith in 88 MPH going up against the Orioles, especially after his last start against Baltimore, then have fun with that.

--

Back To 94

Ozzie exits Chevy truck ("America's Favorite Brand!"), approaches Freddy Garcia who is twirling his arm like a ballerina: "Freddy Freddy, you've got to come back with me!"

Freddy Garcia turns, pauses: "Where?"

Ozzie Guillen: "We need you!"

Freddy: "Where?"

Ozzie Guillen: "Back To 94!"

Well to all those who constantly say, no matter what if the season ended today we would be in the wild card.

That is no longer the case.

The Yankees would be the wild card.

Time for the whitesox to man up and start to fishing hit, pitch and play defense.