2006 White Sox Catch-All Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Broadway better be really fishing good, or either better get us something good in return.

John Manuel :

Dan, we just did a scout's view on Matt Garza last week at baseballamerica.com and I unfortunately just missed him yesterday here in Durham, as I was coming back from Cape Cod. our BA staffers who were there report that he basically cruised through five innings working almost exclusively off his fastball, which we've heard has hit 97 mph even as late as the eighth or ninth inning this year since he's gotten to Triple-A. He's one of the top 5-7 pitching prospects in the game right now, and I wouldn't trade him if at all possible if I were GM of the Twins, even for Soriano.

QUOTE(SoxFan76 @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 07:21 AM)
Big shout out to Deleware. Thanks for supporting the good guys!

I thought it was pretty funny how most states were around 60 no/40 yes...and Minnesota was 91 no/9 yes.

I guess Twins fans are a bit overconfident. :lol:

The Red Sox might be interested in signing Chris Widger according to the Boston Globe:

Doug Mirabelli started in Varitek's place and is expected to do the majority of the catching, although it would surprise no one if the Sox elected to pick up another big-league catcher. One possibility is Chris Widger, the White Sox backup who was designated for assignment July 23 and released yesterday. Widger was batting just .187. He hit .241 in 2005 as a backup on the World Series champions, and the staff ERA was an impressive 3.36 when he was behind the plate.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/reds..._least_a_month/

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 03:37 AM)
The best part about watching Konerko's Grand Slam in Game 2 of the World Series, is seeing Damaso Marte jumping up and down hysterically in the bullpen. good times.

I'll have to look for that, never noticed it.

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 05:37 AM)
The best part about watching Konerko's Grand Slam in Game 2 of the World Series, is seeing Damaso Marte jumping up and down hysterically in the bullpen. good times.

My favorite Damaso Marte memory by far

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 05:46 PM)
It's 10-0 Twins in the fifth inning. This is why I wanted to sweep the Royals. Our

competition always beats the piss out of the Royals. We merely win 2 of 3.

I wonder, if you took Morneau and Mauer out of their lineup for almost the entire series...if they'd be able to win 2/3 as well.

IP ER Hits BB WHIP ERA

Jenks 49.66 22 45 15 1.21 3.99

Riske 18 7 23 7 1.67 3.50

McCar 55.33 23 48 20 1.23 3.74

MacDoug 4 1 3 1 1.00 2.25

Cotts 44 16 44 14 1.32 3.27

Thornt 37.33 15 29 17 1.23 3.62

Total: 208.33 84 192 74 1.28 3.63

Will be continually updated to give a better idea of how good our current pen is, since our total pen ERA includes garbage by Montero and Politte.