2006 White Sox Catch-All Thread

"I think [Pierzynski] was swinging for the fences," Villone said. "I'm looking for a ground ball every time. Sometimes when guys get a little excited, they swing a lot harder and jam themselves.

"It was a decent pitch, but he screwed himself into the ground a couple of times.

This is the reason why we failed with bases loaded and no outs last night. When the opposing pitcher sees you trying to go for the fence, you are focked. This is probably what the twinks were seeing when Carlos Lee did the same thing in 2004 with the bases loaded when he K'd a few times.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 12:01 PM)
This is the reason why we failed with bases loaded and no outs last night. When the opposing pitcher sees you trying to go for the fence, you are focked. This is probably what the twinks were seeing when Carlos Lee did the same thing in 2004 with the bases loaded when he K'd a few times.

It was hugely obvious too. Truly a pathetic AB by AJ. If he would have gotten on with just a single or walk the tying run would have come to the plate, buy why do that when you can get back into the game with 1 swing?

So God damn irritating.

AJP has as much to do with anyone in turning this franchise into a World Series contender. However, he's overrated right now. His hitting has been pretty good this year (struggles with RISP have hurt us), but his catching has been awful. If he's the one calling the pitches, then it's been really disappointing.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 09:07 AM)
I went to another game last night. The White Sox won.

The Milkman delivers again.

Whatever dude, I was there and that is why the White Sox won.

I'm 4-0 this year!

Dan Pasqua was on the Club level last night. He is absolutely HUGE. I think his chest and shoulders are bigger than Barry Bonds. Maybe he's into bodybuilding. My buddy went up and started talking to him, like he was an old friend. It was pretty funny, because you could tell Pasqua was trying to figure out where he supposedly knew him from.

QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 09:48 PM)
Thank you fox for changing tommorow's gametime to 12:15, now I can go to it.

And thank you white sox for magically finding 2 tickets for it about 10 minutes ago.

If only some one would invite me to go. :(

There's yet another backup OF option now on the market for the Sox, if they choose to go that route...

Preston Wilson DFA'd

He's a guy who can hit lefties well (ie, a platoon for Podsednik): .312/.379/.416 this year in 77 ABs, and in 2005, .262/.336/.571 in 126 ABs.

I really hope the Sox pick up one of the two recently released OFers (the other being Cruz Jr), even if it is only for September. I'd much rather send Wilson/Cruz Jr up against Johan Santana down the stretch than Ozuna.

It looks like the tigers are looking for answers on how Zoolander gets rocked by the sox, but by no one else.

They can roll their investigation up, The sox can hit any pitcher no matter how hard they throw if they challenge over the plate. The sox will look like a team possessed against Verlander, but put a soft tosser like Redman, Moyer, or Rodgers and they look silly.

Zoolander thinks the sox are getting hits off of him tipping pitches.