2006 White Sox Catch-All Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to state in here that I just saw B-MAC walking home with some chica. I had heard he lived up by me but never saw him. Guess so because I was just walking behind him up sheridan for about 10mins. Dude is tall as s***. Anyways didnt know where else to add that. Go Sox!

I wanted to make a thread about this, but I didn't want to anyone to accuse me of cluttering the forum with a pointless thread.

I think we should give Contreras a rest. Maybe a week. Maybe more. Let McCarthy get a few starts, and see if Jose can get his stuff back. Maybe rest is all he needs. If not, I really don't think BMac will be any worse than Jose has been lately

Ozzie Guillen on Ross Gload

"If [scott Podsednik] struggles, we try to play Gload in left field," said Guillen, prior to Sunday's victory. "

Of course, PODS goes out yesterday and looks like he did first half of last year. But it's nice to see Ozzie is open to playing Gload over PODS if Scottie continues to struggle.

Now if we could just get him to keep Brian Anderson in centerfield everyday.

I apologize if this was posted earlier. I hadn't seen it.

Edited by SoxnGiants

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 10:41 PM)
Attendance has been awesome.

Fans deserve an A for their support. An A plus really.

The Twins have to be laughing their ass at us now, the way they own us.

They don't own our fans, though.

Great great year of attendance.

Every other post on the Cubs boards sounds just like this. Just replace the word Twins for Cards... well, replace it with any team really.

Yeah but the Cubs draw every year.

We don't.

Any true Sox fan knows we've had attendance problems in the past.

Not this year.

Is it just me or do we almost always win the rare days Scott Pods has a big

game?

If he had a big September, it sure would help our cause.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 11:51 PM)
Brian Anderson's average, .231

Juan Uribe's average, .239

Stay Tuned.

Juan is 1 for his last 17. No shock there. He's probably the streakiest hitter in baseball. He'll level out at around .245-.250. I say Brian will hit .240ish. Not bad at all considering how he started.

Brian is a likeable player cause of his defense.

Don't you all agree we could use an upgrade, though, at ss next year?

Of course Juan could get hot in the postseason if we make it that far and

emerge as a hero again, but as of now, he's a bit annoying with his average

THAT low I think.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 12:21 AM)

THAT low I think.

One thing about Uribe though, he plays the most important defensive position on the field, can you name me a single player in all of baseball who plays better defense than him at shortstop?

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 12:21 AM)

THAT low I think.

Juan will never, ever hit for average. His crazy swing and plate discipline will never allow it. However, his HR/RBI numbers are more than adequate enough for a SS/#8 hitter. And there's his defense, of course. Even with the stupid mental mistakes he makes, he's without a doubt at worst a top 3 defensive SS in all of baseball. He's got a more than affordable contract, too. We're fine with Juan.

not quite what you're looking for but this is highlights from the ring ceremony

mms://a1503.v108692.c10869.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1503/10869/v0001/mlb.download.akamai.com/10869/2006/open/teams06/cha/video/040406_cha_rings_music_350.wmv?media_type=wms&av_type=video&event_pk=undefined&product=mlb_tp

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 12:32 AM)
One thing about Uribe though, he plays the most important defensive position on the field, can you name me a single player in all of baseball who plays better defense than him at shortstop?

This is arguable... short does not have as much power on the team as a center field.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 02:36 AM)
This is arguable... short does not have as much power on the team as a center field.

It's basically a tossup between CF and SS, you have to go on a team by team basis I guess. Taking into consideration the type of park they play in (big OF, Comerica) and what kind of pitching staff they have (sinkerballers, flyball pitchers). On some teams the SS position could be more important and on others it would be CF.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 07:32 AM)
It's basically a tossup between CF and SS, you have to go on a team by team basis I guess. Taking into consideration the type of park they play in (big OF, Comerica) and what kind of pitching staff they have (sinkerballers, flyball pitchers). On some teams the SS position could be more important and on others it would be CF.

I tend to agree with you and despite a few funks by Juan this year, he's still a premiere defensive shortstop and he really helps us save runs. I see absolutely no reason to gripe about a guy whose hitting over .300 with RISP and 2 outs, who has 15 plus HR's, 50 Plus RBI's, and plays top notch defense.

I've never once griped about Juan, although I wouldn't be shocked if he's gone at the end of the year.

Does anybody here listen to the Soxcast podcasts? I just found it a few weeks ago and subscribed to it, for free of course. It's a good 10-20 discussion about the Sox and would be great for out-of-towners to listen to.

Edited by whitesoxin'

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 08:44 PM)
Does anybody here listen to the Soxcast podcasts? I just found it a few weeks ago and subscribed to it, for free of course. It's a good 10-20 discussion about the Sox and would be great for out-of-towners to listen to.

I've been on it twice. It's certainly worth a listen.

John Garland has gotten 16 wins pretty quietly. He has a very good chance at 20 wins. If Halladay or Santana falter, it will be difficult to not discuss Cy Young consideration DESPITE his god-awful ERA. He needs to bring that ERA down to 3.6 or so and then he has a shot. Garland has 6 more starts to do it.

QUOTE(cgaudin @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 10:43 PM)
John Garland has gotten 16 wins pretty quietly. He has a very good chance at 20 wins. If Halladay or Santana falter, it will be difficult to not discuss Cy Young consideration DESPITE his god-awful ERA. He needs to bring that ERA down to 3.6 or so and then he has a shot. Garland has 6 more starts to do it.

Would people just forget about the damn Cy Young already. He's not gonna sniff it. He would have to throw 4 complete game shut-outs to get his era that low. I just want him to lead us to the playoffs.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 10:47 PM)
Would people just forget about the damn Cy Young already. He's not gonna sniff it. He would have to throw 4 complete game shut-outs to get his era that low. I just want him to lead us to the playoffs.

Not to mention Santana faltering in September would be like Jermaine Dye faltering in a clutch situation . . . ain't gonna happen.