2006 White Sox Catch-All Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.globesports.com/servlet/story/R...tsBaseball/home

Barry Bonds. He's 42 and is 22 home runs away from breaking Hank Aaron's career record of 734. His agent, Jeff Borris, has hinted it will take $14-million to sign him. Bonds could end up in the American League as a designated hitter. Keep an eye on the Chicago White Sox and Detroit Tigers.

Barry Bonds to the White Sox? Wow, Canada must have some great contacts.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Nov 7, 2006 -> 03:05 PM)
Trade Thome, Konerko, and Podsednik, then sign Bonds (DH), Sosa (LF), and Palmeiro (1B).

Let's talk McGwire out of retirement, and then trade for Schilling too. Then put a picture of Thomas up on the jumbotron for the entire season.

Yay Congressional Hearing White Sox

From the Trib today:

Dye picked as AL's best in '06

Mark Gonzales

Published November 9, 2006

White Sox right fielder Jermaine Dye won the ultimate respect of his peers, being selected as the American League Outstanding Player in the 2006 Major League Baseball Players Choice Awards announced Wednesday. Dye, 32, was chosen in voting conducted by players in September. Dye, who already was named to The Sporting News AL All-Star team, hit .315 with career highs of 44 home runs, 120 RBIs and a .622 slugging percentage. Last week the Sox picked up Dye's 2007 option, which could increase from $6.75 million to $7 million if he wins a Silver Slugger Award, which will be announced Friday, or is in the top five in the AL Most Valuable Player balloting, which is due out Nov. 21.

From today's Dallas paper:

Ron Washington has only been the Rangers manager since Monday, but he is already making Texas a potentially choice destination for free agents. It will take money to get any deals done, but prize free-agent pitcher Barry Zito has placed the Rangers on his short list as a result of Washington's hire. Over lunch Wednesday, Washington said: "Barry Zito called me yesterday. He wants to make a visit here. Texas wasn't on his list, but it is now." ... Washington also said former A's outfielder Jermaine Dye called with the same message. Dye, however, will not be a free agent until next year, as the Chicago White Sox already picked up his option for 2007.

This is a bit off the subject but isnt it amusingly ironic about all the b****ing Sheff did this week about Joe Torre moving Arod around in the line-up against the Tigers and today he gets traded to non other than the Detroit Tigers .This sounds like something that would happen to the Cubs .Hey this guy is an asshole lets trade for him !

QUOTE(That funky motion @ Nov 11, 2006 -> 09:37 AM)
Anyone else he the rumor on the Score, that the Sox were looking to get Rowand back, in a three way trade?

It was mentioned yesterday but havent heard any more about it .Ive been looking around on-line and havent found anything . Unless Bruce Levine reported it ,its prob. B.S..

I just can't see the Phillies dealing Rowand back to us unless they rob us.

What about Rowand for Brian Anderson head up?

Would the Phils do that?

That would be a ballsy trade by Kenny.

Anderson could be a Crede type player and maybe just needs time.

QUOTE(Felix @ Nov 11, 2006 -> 03:09 PM)
I'm a large Rowand fan, but really, that would be a horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE deal for the Sox.

^ aaron was my favorite player while he was here, but BA has such a huge upside. We've seen how good arow can be and most of that was on the defensive side of the ball. Brian is arguably even better than aaron in that department.

I just don't understand how people can't see the future of BA and how good he's going to be.

QUOTE(SnB @ Nov 11, 2006 -> 03:11 PM)
^ aaron was my favorite player while he was here, but BA has such a huge upside. We've seen how good arow can be and most of that was on the defensive side of the ball. Brian is arguably even better than aaron in that department.

I just don't understand how people can't see the future of BA and how good he's going to be.

It's a shame that Pods and Uribe sucked so much in '06. It just enhanced Brian's struggles. I think many knew Brian would probably struggle his first year. Not as bad as he did, but indeed struggle. He's already a GG cailber CF. The offense will come. No doubt in me mind.

Sidenote: I love Rowand, too. But people need to wake up and realize that his '04 season was a classic fluke. He'll never match those numbers again.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 11, 2006 -> 03:18 PM)
Rowand was the sole reason 2005 happened, and the sole reason we didnt win in 2006, thats why..... :huh

Sorry but not even close .You cant say that 1 person made it all happen in 05 .Pitching was the biggest factor for the season and playoffs and besides Crede was also throwing some serious leather too not just Rowand .

QUOTE(That funky motion @ Nov 11, 2006 -> 10:37 AM)
Anyone else he the rumor on the Score, that the Sox were looking to get Rowand back, in a three way trade?

From the Philadelphia Inquirer:

That could make for a crowded outfield with Aaron Rowand and Shane Victorino in the fold. Rowand could be packaged in a deal for pitching help. Victorino is young (he turns 26 this month), inexpensive and showed last season that he's capable of regular duty.

The Phils aren't likely to deal him unless it was part of a package for an established pitcher like Dontrelle Willis, whose status continues to be closely monitored by every pitching-needy team, even as the Marlins maintain they are not dealing him.

It's also possible the Phils could look to trade for pitching. The White Sox are primed to move a starter like Javier Vazquez, Mark Buehrle, Jose Contreras or Freddy Garcia, and there have been some rumblings that the Phils and another team have tried to pull off a three-way deal with the White Sox.

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/15989138.htm

From Dallas Morning News:

There might be guys available for trade. The Rangers could explore dealing for Philadelphia's Aaron Rowand, but that would probably take something such as Hank Blalock. And new manager Washington has made it clear he wants to work with Blalock.

One other name to consider is the White Sox's Brian Anderson. He has been a disappointment as Rowand's replacement. But reuniting with boyhood pal Ian Kinsler and hooking up with Rangers hitting coach Rudy Jaramillo might get him back on track.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...de.2d3879a.html

Edited by RME JICO

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Nov 12, 2006 -> 05:18 PM)

If the Phils and Sox were talking about a 3 way deal, that would probably mean the 3rd team would give the sox the players. I don't see Philly a good fit [the Rowand chatter doesn't sound right, esp. for Freddy the sox biggest trading chip] for the sox. But what tradeable assets do the Phillies really have?

I could see the Red Sox being a possible 3rd team with Rowand going to Boston. That way, Freddy would be out of the AL. And the sox get Coco Crisp from Boston and a prospect or two from Philly.

Edited by beck72

QUOTE(beck72 @ Nov 12, 2006 -> 12:04 PM)
If the Phils and Sox were talking about a 3 way deal, that would probably mean the 3rd team would give the sox the players. I don't see Philly a good fit [the Rowand chatter doesn't sound right, esp. for Freddy the sox biggest trading chip] for the sox. But what tradeable assets do the Phillies really have?

I could see the Red Sox being a possible 3rd team with Rowand going to Boston. That way, Freddy would be out of the AL. And the sox get Coco Crisp from Boston and a prospect or two from Philly.

OK who has KW's number ?Lets get the deal started.

Well we could try to get Rollins .Thats crazy talk I know but Id love to have him playing for the Sox .