2006 White Sox Catch-All Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BY CHRIS DE LUCA Staff Reporter

Ozzie Guillen began the dismantling process less than a year on the job as White Sox manager, slowly discarding stars -- Esteban Loaiza, Miguel Olivo, Carlos Lee -- who didn't fit his criteria of winners and replacing them with players whose personalities spoke louder than their numbers.

I saw this in this mornings Sun-Times. I disagree with this assessment, I think that Ozzie/KW replaced those players with guys whose actions spoke louder than their personalities. Aside from AJ, this team is pretty low-key and out of the spotlight.

Added Kyle McCullough as a "friend" on facebook and put this on his wall...

"Congratulations Kyle! I'm a lifelong White Sox fan and I look forward to a future rotation of Buerhle, Garland, McCarthy, and YOU. Best Wishes!"

Seems like a pretty cool dude.

QUOTE(NYSox35 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 08:31 AM)
Added Kyle McCullough as a "friend" on facebook and put this on his wall...

"Congratulations Kyle! I'm a lifelong White Sox fan and I look forward to a future rotation of Buerhle, Garland, McCarthy, and YOU. Best Wishes!"

Seems like a pretty cool dude.

Tell him to stop by here and say hey, that way he can meet his new fans :cheers

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 09:35 AM)
Tell him to stop by here and say hey, that way he can meet his new fans :cheers

Good Idea! i'll do that now.

Here's what I sent...

"Hey Kyle,

I just wanted to tell you about a cool site...

www.soxtalk.com (Pale Hose Forum)

Everyone is excited about the draft and you already have a lot of fans over there. Check it out and we'd love to have you post your thoughts on the draft and your future on the south side.

Best wishes"

Edited by NYSox35

QUOTE(NYSox35 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 08:31 AM)

You should of scratched Garland's name and added Lumsden/Broadway.. ;)

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 01:39 AM)
You should of scratched Garland's name and added Lumsden/Broadway.. ;)

ugh...probably right, but I am a Garland fan and not quite ready to throw in the towel.

Sucks that The White Sox and my other team, the Yankees both missed sweeps last night. I was at the Yankees game...I need to cut myself off b/c Boston has beaten them like last 4 I've seen.

Tomorrow is my first Sat afternoon game of the year. I live up in Gurnee. Should I expect bad traffic with the Dan Ryan mess as if it was a night game or should it be an easy ride? Trying to figure out what time to leave, I'm thinking 10am.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 01:42 PM)
Tomorrow is my first Sat afternoon game of the year. I live up in Gurnee. Should I expect bad traffic with the Dan Ryan mess as if it was a night game or should it be an easy ride? Trying to figure out what time to leave, I'm thinking 10am.

You'll be fine, it just gets kind of backed up once you get close to the park.