Sen. Arlen Specter

Soxfest

Sen. Arlen Specter put a last minute amendment in immigration bill minutes before the final vote that says the United States MUST consult the Mexican government before we put any fences, barriers up at border. This is the most insulting thing I have ever seen, to protect U.S. border we need Mexico's blessing to protect ourselves, Senate is lost! :finger

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE(Soxfest @ May 26, 2006 -> 05:59 AM)
Sen. Arlen Specter put a last minute amendment in immigration bill minutes before the final vote that says the United States MUST consult the Mexican government before we put any fences, barriers up at border. This is the most insulting thing I have ever seen, to protect U.S. border we need Mexico's blessing to protect ourselves, Senate is lost! :finger

I agree with you. however, if it just says 'consult', i doesn't say that we have to listen to them or get their approval. I hope. We were already lost when it turns out that the Border patrol was warning the Mexican government where the Minutemen were patrolling.

Umm, there's no fence, right? In a lot of those places, there's not even a marking where the border is - wouldn't it make sense to alert the government on the other side of an unmarked border that protestors maybe accidentally crossing over with their protection in mind?

QUOTE(Soxfest @ May 26, 2006 -> 12:59 AM)

I am glad to hear that...it is called diplomacy...something the Bush Administration knows nothing about....

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ May 26, 2006 -> 03:36 PM)
Umm, there's no fence, right? In a lot of those places, there's not even a marking where the border is - wouldn't it make sense to alert the government on the other side of an unmarked border that protestors maybe accidentally crossing over with their protection in mind?

No, it wouldn't. The Minutemen are on private property, where the borders are well marked, so they know where they can and can't go. It is none of the Mexican governments business where they are at. The only 'protection' they had in mind was their own. Some higher up in immigration are pissed that the minutemen are making them look bad, and are refusing to acknowlegde reports from them, and even tipping off the Mexicans, so they can avoid them altogether. That is just sad.

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:31 AM)
No, it wouldn't. The Minutemen are on private property, where the borders are well marked,

Evil, the border is not well marked except for in cities. Out across the deserts and other areas, it is impossible to tell. I have camped along many border areas, and once the Rio Grande swings north, there is no line in the sand. There are thousand of miles, can you tell the exact border between Illinois and Wisconsin in the woods?

A couple of links

Tunnel

Mexican Drug Forces

There was one instance a couple years back when US forces accidentaly entered into Mexico while on Patrol. Both sides tried to arrest the other. Usually our side, using GPS, has managed to always be on the correct side, but occassionaly we have strayed as well.

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:31 AM)
No, it wouldn't. The Minutemen are on private property, where the borders are well marked,

Evil, the border is not well marked except for in cities. Out across the deserts and other areas, it is impossible to tell. I have camped along many border areas, and once the Rio Grande swings north, there is no line in the sand. There are thousand of miles, can you tell the exact border between Illinois and Wisconsin in the woods?

A couple of links

Tunnel

Mexican Drug Forces

There was one instance a couple years back when US forces accidentaly entered into Mexico while on Patrol. Both sides tried to arrest the other. Usually our side, using GPS, has managed to always be on the correct side, but occassionaly we have strayed as well.