trade that will never happen

marsh

maggs for rocco baldelli and aubrey huff from tampa.

there's no way tampa would do this due to the fact that they have baldelli tagged as the next ted williams and maggs is gonna make 14mil next year. but i just wish our organization could come up with players like this.

we could move borchard to his natural rf position, have possibly the best young center fielder/leadoff man/exiting player in the game. not to mention huff who can play first, left, and right field.

would you do this trade? what about maggs for baldelli straight up? :huh:

categories=less thinking!

maggs for rocco baldelli and aubrey huff from tampa.

there's no way tampa would do this due to the fact that they have baldelli tagged as the next ted williams and maggs is gonna make 14mil next year. but i just wish our organization could come up with players like this.

we could move borchard to his natural rf position, have possibly the best young center fielder/leadoff man/exiting player in the game. not to mention huff who can play first, left, and right field.

would you do this trade? what about maggs for baldelli straight up? :huh:

categories=less thinking!

I do LOVE watching Badelli play. That kid can flat out FLY. But Maggs for Badelli straight up? No way man. Maybe if it was Crawford and Badelli, but not Rocco alone.

have we actually reached the point where we'd trade our offense for tampa's? it's getting close. jr would probably love to do it since tampa's offense probably makes about what maggs will get next year combined. :bang

Thats an interesting idea. I am pretty sure that the D-Backs wouldn't want to take Maggs salary and won't trade Baldelli, but none the less interesting. I am greedy and would want a little more then Baldelli and Huff for Maggs. Throw in a good pitching prospect and you might have a deal. The one thing that I worry about in regards to Baldelli is his lack of walks.

If the Sox do free up some payroll, one guy that I would love to see them go after is Beltran. A true CF just entering his prime. He is the type of athlete that the Sox need to start adding to this team. I am tired of all of these one dimension power hitters. Beltran has put up some consistant numbers and is a prove 5 tool player. He would be a great peice to build around and is currently on the trading block. The one complication of course is that he is looking for a big contract in the near future that will probably pay him 10-12 million/yr.

Baldelli is too exciting and popular for the D-Rays to even consider trading him, if they were a contender maybe, but they are not, and they need some homegrown stars. Rocco fits the mold perfectly

Well I love Badelli and Aubrey Huff but I'd ask for one other player in return.

The Drays won't do it though because they are in the rebuilding mode and aren't a piece away.

I also worry about Badelli's lack of walks, but if he can do this now, just think of what happens as he develops patience. He's a freaking stuf of a talent.

bmr-i'm gonna disagree with you. taking everything into consideration. age, salaries, positions, i think the sox would surely at least consider it.

huff is 26yrs old is only making 325k this year, has played first, rf, and third (not very well) and his numbers this year project to 102runs 40hrs 91rbi's and a 948ops. this is his fourth year of mlb service.

baldelli is 21, makes 300k, plays cf, and his first year stats project to 82 runs 9hr's 91rbi's 20sb's and with a 362obp, plus he's fast, and could hit in the top three spots in the order. this is his first year of mlb service.

i'll admit that projections don't always work out in the long term, especially for rookies, but i really like both these guys. plus the numbers are for the d-rays. i know this trade won't happen hence the title the post but if the sox are inclined to trade maggs they could do a hell of a lot worse than huff and baldelli.

If we had some real scouts, a real GM, and a real manager, we would have developed the Beltrans and Baldelli's of our own already.

Along with Jon Garland and Dan Wright. These two guys are still young but have been in the major awhile. Really proves that Schueler and KW had two entirely different plans in place. Which really f***ed us up as a ballclub.

CWSOX45

Baldelli and Delmon Young and you've got a deal. :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

A rookie who has had 2 productive months....... and a un-signed draftee who has exactly 0 professional at-bats.......all that for the best player on our team.

bmr-i'm gonna disagree with you. taking everything into consideration. age, salaries, positions, i think the sox would surely at least consider it.

huff is 26yrs old is only making 325k this year, has played first, rf, and third (not very well) and his numbers this year project to 102runs 40hrs 91rbi's and  a 948ops. this is his fourth year of mlb service.

baldelli is 21, makes 300k, plays cf, and his first year stats project to 82 runs 9hr's 91rbi's 20sb's and with a 362obp, plus he's fast, and could hit in the top three spots in the order. this is his first year of mlb service.

i'll admit that projections don't always work out in the long term, especially for rookies, but i really like both these guys. plus the numbers are for the d-rays. i know this trade won't happen hence the title the post but if the sox are inclined to trade maggs they could do a hell of a lot worse than huff and baldelli.

Yeah, they could GIVE him away. :rolleyes:

Guest hotsoxchick1
uh the sox would need A LOT more than baldelli and huff for maggs. Cmon guys.... :rolleyes:

exactly !!!!!!!!!!! no way i do this trade...........