Desperate for Supporters, DeLay Turns to Stephen Colbert

BigSqwert

Link

A good sign that Tom DeLay doesn’t have the facts on his side: the top source for his latest defense against his critics is Stephen Colbert.

This morning, DeLay’s legal defense fund sent out a mass email criticizing the movie “The Big Buy: Tom DeLay’s Stolen Congress,” by “Outfoxed” creator Robert Greenwald.

The email features a “one-pager on the truth behind Liberal Hollywood’s the Big Buy,” and the lead item is Colbert’s interview with Greenwald on Comedy Central (where Colbert plays a faux-conservative, O’Reilly-esque character). The headline of the “fact sheet”:

Hollywood Pulls Michael Moore Antics on Tom Delay

Colbert Cracks the Story on Real Motivations Behind the Movie

DeLay thinks Colbert is so persuasive, he’s now featuring the full video of the interview at the top of the legal fund’s website. And why not? According to the email, Greenwald “crashed and burned” under the pressure of Colbert’s hard-hitting questions, like “Who hates America more, you or Michael Moore?”

Apparently the people at DeLay’s legal fund think that Colbert is actually a conservative. Or maybe they’re just that desperate for supporters.

QUOTE(soxman352000 @ May 26, 2006 -> 01:55 PM)
I don't think Colbert is a conservative or a liberal. I think he is just a big goof, who enjoys getting a laugh from someone.

You obviously don't get it. He is the host of a comedy show on Comedy Central.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 29, 2006 -> 01:56 PM)
Tex, go have another beer. :lol:

A Shiner in one hand and travelling 80 mph to Fort Stockton, great idea . . . :D

Kinky for Gov. Why The Hell Not?

QUOTE(Texsox @ May 29, 2006 -> 10:08 PM)
A Shiner in one hand and travelling 80 mph to Fort Stockton, great idea . . . :D

Kinky for Gov. Why The Hell Not?

No no no, Tex. If you're having a beer, don't speed. If you're speeding, don't have a beer. One law at a time.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ May 30, 2006 -> 01:37 AM)
In Texas, that's only illegal if he's the one driving. And if its West Texas, 80 aint speedin.

Just to clarify, to the best of my knowledge, the 80 mph limit is just on a stretch of I10. I don't think it will stretch much beyond that highway.

Interesting note, from my little corner of Texas, if I was driving to California, El Paso would be the half way point, Texas, A Big Ass State,