5/26 Game Thread: Sox @ Blue Jays

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 26, 2006 -> 07:50 PM)
Why would he swing at first pitch after the guy gave up a HR, a 4 pitch walk and then a hit...

He talked to Uribe before the AB. Uribe sayed Profundo.

WHY THE f*** IS FREDDY STILL IN THIS GAME. ARE WE TRYING TO WIN THIS GAME, OR ARE WE STILL PULLING THE BULLs*** OF KEEPING FREDDY IN THE GAME, HOPING TO GET HIM A WIN. f*** INDIVIDUAL RECORDS.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 26, 2006 -> 07:52 PM)
Why are we the only team to ever have our pitches being tipped? IT'S NOT FAIR!

Well last year we blamed it on f***ing lights, this year its the tipping. Or maybe just maybe Freddy is throwing a 89mph meatball over the middle of the plate, on 0-2 counts where the hitters is just trying to make contact.

Cotts in.

Where the f*** is McCarthy?

Are we just not going to use him anymore?

He's better off in Triple A until our manager decides on a role for the guy.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 26, 2006 -> 07:54 PM)
In my opinion, the main reason the Tigers are better than the Sox so far is that Granderson has been real solid for them, and Anderson is disgraceful.

id say its the fact that the tigers are letting up 1 run less per game than we are

QUOTE(Jimbo @ May 27, 2006 -> 12:52 AM)
7-2 tigers, i just dont get it.

CAUSE THEY'RE GOOD! Look at their lineup...they have a lineup full of dangerous hitters. They have a good mix of power and line drive hitters. Also, their infield defense supposedly has a lot of range, they have 5 LEGIT starting pitchers, and some great arms in their pen.

In my opinion, the main reason the Tigers are better than the Sox so far is that Granderson has been real solid for them, and Anderson is disgraceful.

That and a few throw away games with Boone Logan experiments.

Might also have something to do with their MLB best pitching staff to this point....ERA-wise at least.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 27, 2006 -> 12:55 AM)
Might also have something to do with their MLB best pitching staff to this point....ERA-wise at least.

I'm well aware of that. I've seen the same old argument 100 times a day on this site over the last few weeks. It's not like we're losing games because of our starting pitching. If anything, I think our defense has been atrocious.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 26, 2006 -> 07:55 PM)
CAUSE THEY'RE GOOD! Look at their lineup...they have a lineup full of dangerous hitters. They have a good mix of power and line drive hitters. Also, their infield defense supposedly has a lot of range, they have 5 LEGIT starting pitchers, and some great arms in their pen.

they remind me of us last year only better with the bats. They are for real and right now they are definately better than us. I told jim H by the end of the clevland series we will be 5 games back.

Your vaunted pitching staff is being lit up like a Christmas tree when you play real teams rather than feast off non-contenders with the #30 ranked schedule in the majors.

BTW, Tigers up 7-2 over the Tribe.

2.5 GB for you after tonight.

QUOTE(Wolverine31 @ May 26, 2006 -> 08:57 PM)
Your vaunted pitching staff is being lit up like a Christmas tree when you play real teams rather than feast off non-contenders with the #30 ranked schedule in the majors.

World Champs.

QUOTE(Wolverine31 @ May 26, 2006 -> 07:57 PM)

Congrats on trolling. You will love your parting gifts.