5/26 Game Thread: Sox @ Blue Jays

QUOTE(Wolverine31 @ May 26, 2006 -> 07:57 PM)
Your vaunted pitching staff is being lit up like a Christmas tree when you play real teams rather than feast off non-contenders with the #30 ranked schedule in the majors.

BTW, Tigers up 7-2 over the Tribe.

2.5 GB for you after tonight.

the tigers i believe have had a schedule that is also in the bottom 5 in the league...

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greg775 @ May 26, 2006 -> 07:59 PM)
The Tigers were smart to hire Leyland it appears.

I'd take Oz over Leyland, but something turned that team

around.

yeah...starting pitching

QUOTE(fathom @ May 26, 2006 -> 05:55 PM)
CAUSE THEY'RE GOOD! Look at their lineup...they have a lineup full of dangerous hitters. They have a good mix of power and line drive hitters. Also, their infield defense supposedly has a lot of range, they have 5 LEGIT starting pitchers, and some great arms in their pen.

make that 4 legit starters, Maroth is toast

QUOTE(quickman @ May 26, 2006 -> 07:57 PM)
they remind me of us last year only better with the bats. They are for real and right now they are definately better than us. I told jim H by the end of the clevland series we will be 5 games back.

we will see how good yours is in the next two weeks. Seems like you have played the same pitching staffs as us.

QUOTE(Wolverine31 @ May 26, 2006 -> 07:57 PM)
Your vaunted pitching staff is being lit up like a Christmas tree when you play real teams rather than feast off non-contenders with the #30 ranked schedule in the majors.

who let in all these tigers fans?

Screw you.

Our vaunted pitching staff threw complete game after complete

game in the postseason last year in a day and age pitchers

are coddled to go 7 innings.

GO SOX

QUOTE(Wolverine31 @ May 27, 2006 -> 12:57 AM)

Your team is on a great stretch, and have a nice lead tonight. What the f*** are you doing on a White Sox message board on a Friday night talking s***?

QUOTE(fathom @ May 26, 2006 -> 08:00 PM)
Your team is on a great stretch, and have a nice lead tonight. What the f*** are you doing on a White Sox message board on a Friday night talking s***?

There aren't enough Tigers fans to justify creating a fan website.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 26, 2006 -> 08:54 PM)
In my opinion, the main reason the Tigers are better than the Sox so far is that Granderson has been real solid for them, and Anderson is disgraceful.

I vote for the team ERA, which I don't have at my disposal, but I think is very telling.

QUOTE(Wolverine31 @ May 26, 2006 -> 06:57 PM)

YOU CANNOT BE f***ING SERIOUS. ITS MAY DUDE, ITS MAY! WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD ANYONE CARE ABOUT A 2.5 GAME LEAD. LAST YEAR WE ALMOST LOST A 15 GAME LEAD IN AUGUST.

oh yeah, but we still won the world series

QUOTE(Wolverine31 @ May 26, 2006 -> 08:57 PM)

Sorry, I can't read that, the light is reflecting right into my eyes off of the World Series rings that the Sox have.

DJ needs to shut up. Anderson may have been a good hitter in the minors, but not every player who is good in the minors has what it takes to play in the major leagues.

2 times in Uribes history has he had a few good months.

Once when he first started with the sox, when someone else was pushing him for a job.

And last year when he had a leg kick added.

Outside of that Uribe is worthless as a batter.