5/26 Game Thread: Sox @ Blue Jays

QUOTE(greg775 @ May 27, 2006 -> 01:24 AM)
Detroit is playing like the Tribe did last Sept.

They believe they can win every game they play. I'm amazed at their confidence level, in the games I've watched of theirs this season.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 27, 2006 -> 01:26 AM)
That was Iguchi's play to make. WTF.

He's awful on pop ups over the first baseman's head. When he doesn't flat out drop them, he just doesn't take control. He's a little bit better on that play than he was last year....but he still has a long way to go.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 27, 2006 -> 01:28 AM)
DJ saying the Cliff is throwing the ball well proves that they must pass out drugs before the broadcast happens.

This has been a legendary game, in regards to the announcing.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 26, 2006 -> 08:28 PM)
DJ saying the Cliff is throwing the ball well proves that they must pass out drugs before the broadcast happens.

LMAO. It's amazing what our TV guys say sometimes.

QUOTE(greg775 @ May 26, 2006 -> 09:27 PM)
Remember a few years ago when Toronto was one of our

nemesis teams?

They always beat us like a drum.

I used to travel 250 miles every year for 10 straight years to watch it.

QUOTE(Sox It To Em @ May 26, 2006 -> 08:28 PM)
Game = ova.

The game was over the minute we had to rely on Uribe or Anderson to drive in runs.

I love it when DJ and Hawk keep harping on how the sox dont expect them to hit.

I am sure when KW was dreaming up this season that he though you know what, Uribe could hit say 180 and Anderson could stay around 160. Yeah f*** the fact that picthers in the National League can hit better than both of them, they play great D.

Trust me guys, the minors are filled with guys who have the most electric gloves and moves you have ever seen, but the guys cant hit.

QUOTE(greg775 @ May 27, 2006 -> 01:31 AM)
We wouldn't be so pissed of late if Detroit wasn't playing like

the Babe Ruth-led Yankees.

Who's pissed? We just swept our biggest nemesis. I think we match up as poorly against these Blue Jays hitters as we do against any other team. They have a lot of guys who just kick our pitcher's ass historically.

Our relievers should take notice.

See how the Toronto relievers, throw strike one. Pitch inside to right handers, and then when they get strike 2 they put the hitter away.

They do not, throw get me over meatball down the cock on pitch one.

Or nibble like a hamster the minute they get 0-2 to get the count to full because they are scared to put the hitter away.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 26, 2006 -> 09:32 PM)
The game was over the minute we had to rely on Uribe or Anderson to drive in runs.

I love it when DJ and Hawk keep harping on how the sox dont expect them to hit.

I am sure when KW was dreaming up this season that he though you know what, Uribe could hit say 180 and Anderson could stay around 160. Yeah f*** the fact that picthers in the National League can hit better than both of them, they play great D.

Trust me guys, the minors are filled with guys who have the most electric gloves and moves you have ever seen, but the guys cant hit.

If Anderson continues to struggle and Fields makes the adjustment to playing in left in Charlotte, maybe we'll see Fields in left and Pods in center before the year is out.

Edited by ottawa_sox