5/26 Game Thread: Sox @ Blue Jays

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ May 26, 2006 -> 08:35 PM)
If Anderson continues to struggle and Fields makes the adjustment to playing in left in Charlotte, we'll see Fields in left and Pods in center before the year is out.

No chance we see Pods in CF this year barring some injuries.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ May 27, 2006 -> 01:35 AM)
If Anderson continues to struggle and Fields makes the adjustment to playing in left in Charlotte, we'll see Fields in left and Pods in center before the year is out.

And I guarantee you that we wouldn't make the playoffs. That defense would be embarrassingly bad. If Anderson and Mackowiak can't get it done, KW needs to make a move.

If Anderson continues to struggle and Fields makes the adjustment to playing in left in Charlotte, maybe we'll see Fields in left and Pods in center before the year is out.

Pods in center is a scary thought. Please make it go away.

If Anderson continues to struggle and Fields makes the adjustment to playing in left in Charlotte, maybe we'll see Fields in left and Pods in center before the year is out.

Defense is overrated anyway.

For everyone clamoring for Sweeney or Fields to come up.....why in the world would you think that we're going to call up a prospect and they're going to contribute offensively? I wouldn't say our organization is known for developing their prospects into major league-ready hitters.

What makes you think that Fields comes up to the majors and rakes the ball or hits at all. We have had a lot of people hit in the bandbox of Charlotte and look like studs, only to come up and completely look like turds.

Jeremy Reed tore up Charlotte.

Brian Anderson hit 300 down there.

QUOTE(Ndgt10 @ May 26, 2006 -> 09:37 PM)

My main problem with it is the time it would take for him to readjust. Now that he's had plenty of reps in left he reads the ball off the bat fairly well. I don't see him having a problem with center. Except he would take bad routes for too many games.

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ May 27, 2006 -> 01:41 AM)
My main problem with it is the time it would take for him to readjust. Now that he's had plenty of reps in left he reads the ball off the bat fairly well. I don't see him having a problem with center. Except he would take bad routes for too many games.

Just say no to Pods in CF. The Sox organization would never even consider it, so it's pointless in arguing about it.

QUOTE(Ndgt10 @ May 26, 2006 -> 08:37 PM)

im not so sure why people want to say pods is so bad in center....he was 3rd in the NL in ZR and 4th in RF in both 03 and 04...that said having not played there in 2 years, i dont think its a good idea, but i havent seen enough of him to say that those ZR and RF are misleading...and i doubt people on here have either

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ May 26, 2006 -> 08:41 PM)

He was mediocre in Milwaukee in CF, his closing speed is the only thing keeping him from being pathetic.

QUOTE(daa84 @ May 26, 2006 -> 08:43 PM)
im not so sure why people want to say pods is so bad in center....he was 3rd in the NL in ZR and 4th in RF in both 03 and 04...that said having not played there in 2 years, i dont think its a good idea, but i havent seen enough of him to say that those ZR and RF are misleading...and i doubt people on here have either

Stats lie, the best way to judge him would be to watch Brewer games which is something I did frequently.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 26, 2006 -> 08:44 PM)
Stats lie, the best way to judge him would be to watch Brewer games which is something I did frequently.

ill trust your judgement then, as well as the sox judgement, which they clearly thoguht rowand was better in CF, but then again, he was one of the best... either way i dont think its an option for this year since he hasnt played there in so long

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 26, 2006 -> 08:44 PM)
DJ needs to quit praising Politte. He's not preaching to Cubs fans. Sox fans know what's going on.

The funny thing is when a crappy pitcher toes the rubber at the cell, they show his 2005 stats and his 2005 stats only on the jumbotron.

Cliff Politte was good last year, this year he uhhh, well last year he helped us.

Shingo was good for us one year, then we ditched him.

We ditched Koch after he blew.

Lets not hold on to garbage for sentimental reasons ie: Mike Jackson pitching in a meaningful games in a playoff race because he needs to get some silly record.

QUOTE(pcullotta @ May 26, 2006 -> 08:46 PM)
Felix Diaz = 6.75 ERA

Clifford = 6.16

That's scary

Clifford is now at 7.13