5/27 Game Thread - Sox at Jays

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Ndgt10 @ May 27, 2006 -> 03:26 PM)
Sometimes, a player just feels to comfortable at the plate (Rios). He needs some inside chin music heat to make him think a bit.

Well its remarkable how much more sucessfull an AB is for a pitcher when the pitcher gets ahead of a hitter and then goes for the K. As opposed to gettting to 2 strikes then running it full.

2 batters, 2 full counts. Stop nibbling.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 27, 2006 -> 03:28 PM)
I'm not liking the number of pitches per batter so far. Granted it's only been 2 hitters. :P

Jose just needs to get a groove going. Once he gets a feel for his forkball, he becomes very very hard to hit. Then people start to chase it.

Guest JimH

It's funny how people hear what they want to hear. Hawk said, "I talked to Coop after the game and said if we didn't know any better, it was as if they were reading our mail last nite." Then he and DJ proceeded to give the Blue Jays credit for being a good hitting team.

Nice job by Contreras inducing the DP ground ball.

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ May 27, 2006 -> 08:12 PM)
What does the TC stand for on the blue jay jerseys....it looks like there is a mic stand next to the letters....

Honoring Cheek: After the national anthems, Toronto played a brief video in memory of Tom Cheek, the longtime radio voice of the Blue Jays who passed away last October after a 16-month battle with brain cancer. The video had images from Cheek's first year covering Toronto in 1977 -- the team's inaugural season -- and showed many Jays highlights that Cheek called. The play-by-play man was in the booth for 4,306 consecutive games, a streak than ran from April 1, 1977 to June 3, 2004.

Shirley Cheek, Tom's wife, was at the home opener to throw out the ceremonial first pitch. All season long, Blue Jays players will wear a black patch in honor of Cheek. The patch has his initials -- "T.C." -- and has the image of a microphone.

OOOOOHHHHH......thanks me

Guest JimH

Hawk and DJ subtley disagreeing on Pierzynski, average vs. power. I agree with DJ, I like the more hits and higher average AJ.

What Hawk is saying is AJ is clutch and he can drive the ball and knock in big runs vs. going for the basehit the other way.

Either way I like when Pierzynski concentrates on getting hits, he will still get the occasional HR.

Edited by JimH

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ May 27, 2006 -> 03:37 PM)
There's a reason he's no longer GM. :P

That is very true. :P

Wacky Macky looks crazy when hes in the batter's box. Haha, he looks afraid to something, like he's leaning back away from the pitcher... hmm, also kind of looks like Pods... his face, not his stance.