5/27 Game Thread - Sox at Jays

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 27, 2006 -> 04:09 PM)
I don't much care for the moniker myself, but it's a reference to Judy Garland more than a slap at women.

But the implication is that Jon is playing like a woman, which is pretty offensive. That Judy Garland was a real person isn't important.

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ May 27, 2006 -> 04:21 PM)
Jesus Christ. Justin Verlander has better stuff than Johan Santana. 98 on the first pitch, 81 on the next pitch. Its ridiculous. Paul Byrd and the tribe have NO chance today.

Yeah, it's 100% impossible to score runs off of Verlander. He's going undefeated for his career. Wait, what's that, you say the White Sox beat him? How could that happen, he's got Jesus's pitch arsenal.

Well I said if he'd be brought in he'd be brought in just to be a roogy and I wanted Boone to get a chance first. Ya, I was dumb.

But you were right -- Nelson should just be a ROOGY. Lefties own his ass. But it makes more sense to have another ROOGY than another LOOGY when we already have Cotts and Thornton. There are a lot more righty hitters than lefties in baseball.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ May 27, 2006 -> 04:22 PM)
it sounds crazy but the indians pitching is absolutely terrible. they just arent going to get much better.

It's also not impossible for an offense to get so hot that it can overcome bad pitching. Texas has had hot streaks like that for a few years, hell the Yankees keep making the playoffs by doing it.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ May 27, 2006 -> 06:23 PM)
But you were right -- Nelson should just be a ROOGY. Lefties own his ass. But it makes more sense to have another ROOGY than a another LOOGY when we already have Cotts and Thornton. There are a lot more righty hitters than lefties in baseball.

Now I completely agree. Before I wanted to see what Boone had and not that much was the answer.