5/27 Game Thread - Sox at Jays

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Friend of Nordhagen @ May 27, 2006 -> 05:37 PM)
And, for about the 4th time in the last 2 weeks, our pitchers cannot pitch through adversity.

Scot Shields and Darin Erstad (CF), anyone?

I'd love Scot Shields.

Darin Erstad, not so much.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 27, 2006 -> 05:37 PM)
McCarthy is not a good reliever. I'd rather send him down and make him a starter in AAA.

McCarthy's a s***ty reliever. He really is no good at it. Politte's horses***, too. He's also a pussy that won't throw inside to RH hitters.

Our bullpen is just not good.

There are few managers in baseball that would of let Bmac face Cat in that situation.

The gut so far isnt working this year with making picks for matchups late in games. Last year we won these games, this year we are a gas can.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 27, 2006 -> 05:39 PM)
McCarthy's a s***ty reliever. He really is no good at it. Politte's horses***, too. He's also a pussy that won't throw inside to RH hitters.

Our bullpen is just not good.

Any chance the Flubs want to unload salary? I'd take Howry or Eyre in a heartbeat.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 27, 2006 -> 05:37 PM)
McCarthy is not a good reliever. I'd rather send him down and make him a starter in AAA.

He's better than Politte. KW screwed up this past offseason and ignored the bullpen. There goes Hawk blaming the umpires again. The Sox let a routine flyball drop, throw away a sure DP, don't score with the bases loaded and 1 out, don't bring in the hottest non-closer in the bullpen even though he's a lefty and Catt is batting, and somehow its the umpire's fault its 2-1 Toronto. GMAB.

There are few managers in baseball that would of let Bmac face Cat in that situation.

The gut so far isnt working this year with making picks for matchups late in games. Last year we won these games, this year we are a gas can.

It seemed like Ozzie was just to lazy to walk out to the mound and make the change.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 27, 2006 -> 05:40 PM)
Any chance the Flubs want to unload salary? I'd take Howry or Eyre in a heartbeat.

They're both on 3 year contracts, I highly doubt it. And they both make a s*** load of money.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 27, 2006 -> 05:40 PM)

For as much managing by the gut that Ozzie gets credit for, he usually plays middle relief by the book. Great job by Crede.