White Sox @ Blue Jays

Heads22

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 28, 2006 -> 10:45 AM)
Maybe in the second half. Garland was the stopper last year, preventing several bad stretches, not Contreras.

---------------------

Pods, LF

Cintron, 2B

Thome, DH

PK, 1B

Dye, RF

AJ, C

Crede, 3B

Mack, CF

Uribe, SS

Garland, SP

---------------------

I'd think BA would get a chance against a rookie pitcher but what do I know.

Edited by BigSqwert

So the rant that Ozzie had was basically a waste of f***ing time. The guy who cant hit, cant put down a bunt, and then has concentration problems turning double plays is still in the lineup while Brian is getting threatened in the papers. This makes no f***ing sense.

Gooch sits, while the tazmanian spin o matic gets a pass. I smell bulls***.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 28, 2006 -> 11:39 AM)
I guess Oz is giving Uribe a chance to redeem himself, but I dont understand why Anderson is out. I really hope Ozzie has not made up his mind already....

Tony

A bigger statement would of been to sit him down for today. We have a lot of tough games up ahead. This sends a wrong message. Brian gets the Gload treatment, while someone who hits just as bad and also has been bringing his bad play to the field gets a pass.

I was proud of Ozzie for trying to get this team off their butts. But letting Uribe start after his terrible performance yesterday is the wrong thing to do. Ozzie has to be consistant in his views. You cant damn one guy for not hitting, then give someone else who has the same issue a pass. At least Brian gives it his all.

Edited by southsideirish71

Ozzie's rant yesterday was what you heard from Leyland about the Tigers earlier this season. Jim Leyland is one of Ozzie's mentors and Ozzie learned from Jim. I hope we see some results, but I am not certain Jon Garland is going to step up today. I hope he does, but he has been way to inconsistent this season and prone to giving up long balls. However, if there was any game we needed to show up and play this is it. We are in danger of being swept and the Tigers are playing like a championship team. We need Jon Garland to show he is a big game pitcher and worth the money and confidence the Sox showed for him. I will be listening on the XM today.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 28, 2006 -> 11:44 AM)
At least Brian gives it his all.

I agree Brian gives it his all but you really think Uribe doesn't? I know he's been bad but I can't believe he's not trying his best.

Guest JimH

iguchi's foot is still tender, especially after playing on that turf. I suspect that's why he's sitting.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 28, 2006 -> 10:45 AM)
Maybe in the second half. Garland was the stopper last year, preventing several bad stretches, not Contreras.

---------------------

Pods, LF

Cintron, 2B

Thome, DH

PK, 1B

Dye, RF

AJ, C

Crede, 3B

Mack, CF

Uribe, SS

Garland, SP

---------------------

Contreras was absolutely the stopper in the second half. Garland was the stopper in May and April. He didn't have a very good second half.