Hello Mr. Anderson

BigSqwert

BA is better in every offensive category in the book other than steals and average than, you gussed it, Juan Pierre. Take that in account along with the fact that our everyday lineup has 7 guys that can rake, and the fact that BA is a top 10 defensive outfielder in the game, and to be honest as much as I see what we are thinking, sending BA down wouldn't make too much sense.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:34 PM)
I agree, however that is probably KW and Ozzie's mindset right now. I don't agree with it, but I'm saying that may be what they are thinking.

I guarantee KW and Ozzie's mindset is if they need another arm in the pen more than who is gonna be our CF.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:36 PM)
BA is better in every offensive category in the book other than steals and average than, you gussed it, Juan Pierre. Take that in account along with the fact that our everyday lineup has 7 guys that can rake, and the fact that BA is a top 10 defensive outfielder in the game, and to be honest as much as I see what we are thinking, sending BA down wouldn't make too much sense.

Good point.

BA is better in every offensive category in the book other than steals and average than, you gussed it, Juan Pierre.

Wow, Juan must be proud. Juan has a noodle arm and no range as well. He truely just suck all around.

Juan is like the 2004 version of Scotty Pods. And that version sucked ass.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:35 PM)
Couldn't of said it better myself. Uribe has 145 AB's right now (.200). BA has 105. (.171) Uribe only has 11 more hits so BA would have to go 11-50 (.220) just to equal Uribe. This is not even counting the 5 year experience Uribe has over the rookie.

Brian Anderson's OBP is currently 37 points higher than Uribe's despite the fact that his batting average is 29 points lower. Ponder that one.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:37 PM)
I guarantee KW and Ozzie's mindset is if they need another arm in the pen more than who is gonna be our CF.

Well they need to look outside our organization if they want an another arm to help out in the pen. And also, that would be bad timing.....we lost today because of the offense and their execution, not the pen at all. And we STILL beat the Cubs last Sunday despite the pen if Uribe doesn't make a s*** throw to 1st.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(SoxAce @ May 27, 2006 -> 11:37 PM)

Our bullpen is our biggest problem IMO. However, not all that is the pitchers in the bullpen anymore. I want to pit a lot of that on Ozzie not maximizing when to use a reliever. All another unproven arm is going to do for our bullpen, is make it an even bigger clusterf***.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:39 PM)
Brian Anderson's OBP is currently 37 points higher than Uribe's despite the fact that his batting average is 29 points lower. Ponder that one.

Things like that make me think something else is going on. There are guys on this team doing much worse than Brian, and yet Anderson is the guy getting benched and called out? It doesn't make sense in a vacuum.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:39 PM)
Well they need to look outside our organization if they want an another arm to help out in the pen. And also, that would be bad timing.....we lost today because of the offense and their execution, not the pen at all.

"Techinally" we lost cuz of our pen (Nelson) but you are right even though I wouldn't say "at all" cause BMac and Nelson could have went scoreless and we would have still won.

Well that's all cute and fun if Ozzie wants to be a b**** towards Anderson because of his "ego". Go ahead and send him down, but when Rob's bat cools off and everybody notices the defense drop off with him in CF, and we lose a game or two because of it, don't look anywhere but the mirror.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 27, 2006 -> 11:41 PM)
Well that's all cute and fun if Ozzie wants to be a b**** towards Anderson because of his "ego". Go ahead and send him down, but when Rob's bat cools off and everybody notices the defense drop off with him in CF, and we lose a game or two because of it, don't look anywhere but the mirror.

And history proves that Mack will be coming back down to earth any minute now.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:41 PM)
"Techinally" we lost cuz of our pen (Nelson) but you are right even though I wouldn't say "at all" cause BMac and Nelson could have went scoreless and we would have still won.

If Pods gets that bunt down in the 9th and Iguchi hits a flyball to the outfield, Bobby comes in and game over. If Jermaine doesn't pussy foot it to 3rd, maybe we take the lead in the top of the 11th and Bobby comes in and game over. If Thome doesn't go 0 for 6, Bobby ends up in and game over. You see my point, the pen lost it in the box score, but nowhere else.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:40 PM)
Things like that make me think something else is going on. There are guys on this team doing much worse than Brian, and yet Anderson is the guy getting benched and called out? It doesn't make sense in a vacuum.

It's a hard knocked life... for a rookie... and it's also sad that BA can actually take a walk (I beliebe he's 3rd or 4th on the team in walks) It's also very rare cause BA really didn't take too many walks in the minors.

I still say Ozzie is trying to get him going by threatening to send him down. Ozzie knows how important BA's defense is to this team and how important defense is when it comes to winning ballgames. Ozzie is a very smart guy (well, maybe not when it comes to the bullpen) and he's not just going to sacrifice defense in order to add a minimal offensive upgrade.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:42 PM)
And history proves that Mack will be coming back down to earth any minute now.

Exactly, that's my point. He's a perfect bench/super sub since he plays average defense and can get hot at the plate. But the more he plays, the more scouts see of him, the more likely he is to cool off big time, etc.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 27, 2006 -> 11:44 PM)
I still say Ozzie is trying to get him going by threatening to send him down. Ozzie knows how important BA's defense is to this team and how important defense is when it comes to winning ballgames. Ozzie is a very smart guy (well, maybe not when it comes to the bullpen) and he's not just going to sacrifice defense in order to add a minimal offensive upgrade.

I hope you're right.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:43 PM)
If Pods gets that bunt down in the 9th and Iguchi hits a flyball to the outfield, Bobby comes in and game over. If Jermaine doesn't pussy foot it to 3rd, maybe we take the lead in the top of the 11th and Bobby comes in and game over. If Thome doesn't go 0 for 6, Bobby ends up in and game over. You see my point, the pen lost it in the box score, but nowhere else.

I didn't see the game so I'm gonna take your word for it as of today. I saw the box and I saw BA give up an earned and Nelson give up an earned and Count pitching great.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:44 PM)

It's a great strategy if your right, and I hope you are.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 27, 2006 -> 11:40 PM)

The one way that it makes sense, is that he CAN get sent down. Who else has options? If they are this desperate, there has to be more action going on. They have to be working the phones.

Despite his HORRID batting average, here's a point of reference:

BA 2006 OBP: .276

Uribe 2006 OBP: .233

Uribe 2005 OBP: .301

Crede 2005 OBP: .303

Everett 2005 OBP: .311

And Anderson can't hit any worse and has a pretty small sample size here in 2006, so a hot streak at the plate combined with continuing to draw walks could send the OBP north in a swift fashion.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:45 PM)
He's fifth on the team in walks, despite having like 60% of the AB of the guys above him.

BA ranks 58th out of 70 in OBP amoungst AL outfielders. Better than Reggie Sanders, Jay Payton, Juan Rivera and Jeremy Reed.

Despite having a horrid batting average, his OBP is still .276 which is also higher than Jeff Francouer, Juan Pierre and Jose Guillen.

QUOTE(Big Hurtin @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:46 PM)
The one way that it makes sense, is that he CAN get sent down. Who else has options? If they are this desperate, there has to be more action going on. They have to be working the phones.

Why is Ross Gload currently on this team? Instead of sending down a valuable player in order to add to the pen, why not let go of the never used Ross Gload.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:51 PM)
Why is Ross Gload currently on this team? Instead of sending down a valuable player in order to add to the pen, why not let go of the never used Ross Gload.

Someone will need to play first if Konerko ever takes a day off, I'd rather not play Jim there.