Hello Mr. Anderson

BigSqwert

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 31, 2006 -> 09:47 AM)
Get his confidence back up huh? Yeah, nothing like a demotion to make someone gain confidence......

Thank you. No matter what you say to a kid when you are sending him down, the point is you are still telling him you aren't good enough to be here.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 31, 2006 -> 10:15 AM)
Thank you. No matter what you say to a kid when you are sending him down, the point is you are still telling him you aren't good enough to be here.

Perhaps he isn't right now?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 31, 2006 -> 10:54 AM)
Perhaps, but that wasn't the point. The point was destroying the kids confidence, and sending him down will do just that.

I can't see how much more confidence he will lose. It's got to be at about the lowest point possible. I don't want it to get to the point where he's still up and hitting .150 or so and fans start to boo him ala Corey Patterson up north.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 31, 2006 -> 10:54 AM)
Perhaps, but that wasn't the point. The point was destroying the kids confidence, and sending him down will do just that.

With all due respect to Brian Anderson's confidence, we can't have an everyday player hit .160 for an entire year. I know Robin Ventura started his career going 0 for 50, or whatever it was, but the '06 White Sox have higher aspirations than the '89 White Sox.

Moreover, I don't know enough about Anderson's mental fortitude to determine one way or another what effect sending him down to Triple-A will have.

He can't have much confidence right now. The question to me would be what would make it worse, getting sent down to Charlotte, or continuing to fail in Chicago. I still don't think he goes anywhere unless KW gets a guy preferably right handed who can at least be an average back-up in CF. Pods to CF would be a huge mistake IMO.

It's just so awesome to have a ball smoked into CF but be able to say "BA's got it". You don't have that luxury with anyone else currently in the organization let alone in all of baseball. That sort of defense is invaluable but at the same time, at some point he needs to start producing at the plate.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 31, 2006 -> 12:58 PM)
It's just so awesome to have a ball smoked into CF but be able to say "BA's got it". You don't have that luxury with anyone else currently in the organization let alone in all of baseball. That sort of defense is invaluable but at the same time, at some point he needs to start producing at the plate.

That ball that he got where Belliard tagged from 2nd, would've been a run scored with anyone else there.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 31, 2006 -> 11:58 AM)

Well that's what is so damn frustrating. To be so good on defense yet so bad on offense.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 31, 2006 -> 11:59 AM)
That ball that he got where Belliard tagged from 2nd, would've been a run scored with anyone else there.

That's the exact situation I'm referencing, that ball was crushed into the right centerfield gap and I just said "BA's got it", you know the guy is going to get to anything anywhere near him and it's just amazing that he does it everytime. It's remarkable that he's able to leave his hitting woes at the plate and go out there and play great defense, while most players would bring their s***ty offense with them onto the field and cause them to make mental errors out there. Also, the offbalance throw he made to 3B after catching that ball was quite impressive even if he didn't get Belliard.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 31, 2006 -> 01:02 PM)
Well that's what is so damn frustrating. To be so good on defense yet so bad on offense.

With the pitchers we have, defense is more important than the additional offense that BA would add.

QUOTE(Felix @ May 31, 2006 -> 01:06 PM)
With the pitchers we have, defense is more important than the additional offense that BA would add.

^^^^

Big time. His defense is much more important to the team. The offense is already very solid. There's no way he'll do what he's doing at the dish the whole season, with what he's shown in his baseball career. So anything he gives with the bat is an added bonus IMO. BA will be fine.

Our team has bigger problems. BA's not the deserved scapegoat here.

For whatever reason, I have Mike Murphy on right now and he's offering up one of the most ridiculous questions I've ever heard. Would you trade Brian Anderson straight up for Juan Pierre?

Is there a single person on this board who would make that trade?

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 31, 2006 -> 12:02 PM)

All glove and no bat. Could we DH for him and let the pitchers bat?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 31, 2006 -> 12:09 PM)
For whatever reason, I have Mike Murphy on right now and he's offering up one of the most ridiculous questions I've ever heard. Would you trade Brian Anderson straight up for Juan Pierre?

It's such a ridiculous question nobody even wants to comment on it.

I'm listening too...no f***ing way. f*** Juan Pierre. We'd have dual noodle arms in our outfield.

I still say there is more that can be done at the SS position. I want more Pablo and Cintron at SS.

Maybe if they threw in Dempster and Zambrano :bang

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 31, 2006 -> 01:09 PM)

I'd be willing to bet that Jeckle would do that deal.

QUOTE(hi8is @ May 31, 2006 -> 11:28 AM)
the same corey patterson who made a game saving catch last night in the 9th with 2 outs AND hit 2 homer runs? im guessing O's fans aren't booing him =)

Here comes the Corey Patterson Love Train

::Turns on Quad City Dj's "Come on and Ride It (the Train)"::

trains_009.jpg

"come on ride the train, and ride it" :lolhitting

How about this.

Uribe needs to pick it up. He is the vet, he is the one who has had success before. If he was hitting then we are not talking about Brian Anderson's BA. The tasmanian devil needs his leg kick back, and all is good. Then we can afford Brian to learn on the job.

We need a right handed setup guy in the bullpen more to replace Polittes production more than we need someone for Brian.

Our pen is more of a worry than our O right now.

Cotts, Thornton and Jenks are what I trust out of the pen.

Bmac needs to get more consistant. He has great great stuff.

Politte needs to figure it out.

Jabronis little friend Nelson is a ROOGY. Which is fine. But he is not a right handed setup guy anymore.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 31, 2006 -> 08:10 AM)
Then we should let him bat everyday. if he cant work it out at the major league level, then he never will. I have confidence in him, and I would rather risk a liability in the lineup than have one in CF.

how long do you stick with him and allow him to hit under .200?

KW and OG have to be getting fed up with BA's hitting. I know for a fact that KW is looking for other CF options right now. I've heard Tori Hunter is available. If this is so go for him! The Twins GM told a reporter that he isn't afraid to trade within his division. If this is the case KW should be all over this. Bring Hunter over. He at least has one friend in AJ. I know he doesn't have a good history here on the southside. But either did AJ and we all know how that turned out.